The Student Room Group

Trump 'can't imagine why' US disinfectant calls spiked

You know what, i believe him. It takes someone with a brain slightly bigger than a squashed raspberry to comprehend this.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52450692

Scroll to see replies

Ermmm no. Who in their right mind would believe that bleach is safe to inject or consume in any way. Clearly he was joking. Seriously. Who in their right mind. Also, it's hardly an emergency that state hotlines bling.
Trump on the emergency hotlines

Reply 3
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Ermmm no. Who in their right mind would believe that bleach is safe to inject or consume in any way. Clearly he was joking. Seriously. Who in their right mind. Also, it's hardly an emergency that state hotlines bling.

Clearly you've not seen the mental capacity of some of Trump's supporters...
Reply 4
Ermmm no. Who in their right mind would believe that bleach is safe to inject or consume in any way.

Trumps supporters, obviously.
Reply 5

The sort of thing Trumpophobes could easily make up and disseminate through their network, nobody would be the wiser.

This is sarcasm? Right?
Reply 7
Clearly he was joking.

Does this sound like he's joking?

[video="youtube;vA_39Yqb0QA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vA_39Yqb0QA[/video]

Original post by z-hog
The sort of thing Trumpophobes could easily make up and disseminate through their network, nobody would be the wiser.

Yeah, those trumpophobes and the propaganda of disseminating what Trump says...
Reply 8
Original post by Ascend
Yeah, those trumpophobes and the propaganda of disseminating what Trump says...

Trumpophobes are too quick off the mark, what I meant is that we don't really know if there has been a spike in such calls or the nature of them. I don't know and neither do you, the fact that the BBC and their US counterparts put it about is no guarantee of anything.

Lots of people, seriously, bleach drinking was doing the rounds 6 odd months ago in some places as a miracle snake oil. (oh wait, you said people in their right mind :rolleyes: )
Reply 10
Original post by z-hog
Trumpophobes are too quick off the mark, what I meant is that we don't really know if there has been a spike in such calls or the nature of them. I don't know and neither do you, the fact that the BBC and their US counterparts put it about is no guarantee of anything.

It's not the BBC and "their US counterparts" who are making these claims but US governors.
Original post by BuryMathsTutor
This is sarcasm? Right?

Wrong.
Reply 12
Trump Supporters
Original post by Drewski
Clearly you've not seen the mental capacity of some of Trump's supporters...

Original post by Napp
Trumps supporters, obviously.

You're not a Trump supporter. And clearly you think he was being serious. So.....i don't get your point.
Reply 14
You're not a Trump supporter. And clearly you think he was being serious. So.....i don't get your point.

Let's break it down for you:

Trump wasn't joking. Critics who took him seriously criticised him for his idiotic remarks. Supporters who took him seriously idiotically ingested disinfectants.

Well done, you are now on the same intellectual level as those drinking bleach.

Trump was not joking. He was also not thinking. He doesn't know in advance what people are going to say during his press conferences because he doesn't read briefs. He makes it up on the spot and says the first thing that pops into his head, like an impulsive toddler. Then he gets caught out, and tries to make up some nonsense about how he was joking, because he's incapable of admitting he was wrong.
(edited 3 years ago)
Wrong.

It seems that you don't understand how stupid Donald Trump is. He wasn't joking. He is that stupid. He has demonstrated his stupidity repeatedly.
Reply 17
Original post by Ascend
It's not the BBC and "their US counterparts" who are making these claims but US governors.

Trumpophobic US governors, they are the BBC's counterparts. Only corroboration available is the mention of 'a reporter who noted' the alleged spike. Not good enough, lots of fake news about. Can't find any official confirmation.
Reply 18
Original post by BuryMathsTutor
It seems that you don't understand how stupid Donald Trump is. He wasn't joking. He is that stupid. He has demonstrated his stupidity repeatedly.

What's really stupid is to suggest Trump recommended anybody do it.
Reply 19
Original post by z-hog
Trumpophobic US governors, they are the BBC's counterparts. Only corroboration available is the mention of 'a reporter who noted' the alleged spike. Not good enough, lots of fake news about. Can't find any official confirmation.

This is like arguing with a Muslim apologist screaming "Islamophobia" over everything. You just have a different Prophet.

From the (Republican) Maryland governor:

“We had hundreds of calls in our hotline here in Maryland about people asking about injecting or ingesting these disinfectants, which is, you know, hard to imagine that people thought that that was serious.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/coronavirus-trump-disinfectant-bleach-treatments-maryland-larry-hogan-governor-a9485756.html

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending