The Student Room Group
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hrtarique1
Hi could you shed some light into aru graduates applying for Medicine. I will be applying for Medicine this year for 2022 entry at aru. As an alumni of ARU and completing BSc MedSci is there any lowered entry requirements etc in place for us?

Hi @Hrtarique1
You can read all of this information and more on our course page under the Entry Requirements section.

The entry requirements are:
Minimum 2:1 honours degree awarded within the last five years. The degree must be in a biological, biomedical, chemistry or health science subject (please note we do not accept Nursing or Paramedic Science).

All graduate applicants will need to provide their transcripts which will be evaluated and put to a panel decision, where factors mentioned in their personal statement, such as work experience in healthcare, will be considered.

The minimum requirement for GCSEs will have to be met.
The UCAT will also have to be completed by graduate applicants; GAMSAT will not be accepted.

Hope that helps :smile:
Megan
Lord Ashcroft Building, Anglia Ruskin University
Anglia Ruskin University
Chelmsford
Visit website
Hi,
Has anyone been able to see their results? The website has been down for me, is that for everyone?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
Has anyone been able to see their results? The website has been down for me, is that for everyone?

The results basically stayed the same I think. They were about higher than the grades we got on turnitin bc of the aru COVID safety net policy where everyone’s grades got increase abit but that’s it
Reply 43
Has anyone received their joining letter? I’ve fulfilled all the offer conditions and they emailed a few days ago that I should be receiving acceptance soon but I’m not sure if I’m late compared to others? Thanks
Original post by desimedic
Ahh thats so sad, I think ARU looks at GCSEs for the transfer but I don't think the requirements are that high so make sure you take a look before applying! Try call up different places where you can apply to see what their requirements are and what alternatives they have and im sure youll find something!

Hi, I've been offered a place at ARU on Medical Sciences and am hoping to transfer to Medicine. Would it be possible to PM you to get some more information before I firm the offer? Thank you.
Hi, I've been offered a place at ARU on Medical Sciences and am hoping to transfer to Medicine. Would it be possible to PM you to get some more information before I firm the offer? Thank you.

im working on the aru clearing for the medicine transfer if you want to speak to me for more info
I have a query about transferring from biomedical science to medicine. I'm starting biomedical science next month at aru and want to study medicine. just to be clear i have to apply for medicine at aru by this october. i did the ucat this summer just in case.
Original post by account1296
I have a query about transferring from biomedical science to medicine. I'm starting biomedical science next month at aru and want to study medicine. just to be clear i have to apply for medicine at aru by this october. i did the ucat this summer just in case.

Yes you have to do a normal ucas application with a personal statement the uni should know you’re a transfer student. Good you did you the ucat now it’s out of the way. Interviews will be around mid sept to early jan btw… and exams could be open book like the last 2 years!

yeah sure!
Hi would it be possible to pm you to discuss this further. I am looking at transferring for 2022 entry to medicine.
Original post by desimedic
Hi,

I saw this thread really late but I hope I can help. Im currently a first year medic at ARU and i transferred last year. Five of us managed to transfer so it is not impossible! If you have any questions let me know!

Hi
Can I please pm you? I’m looking to transfer for 2022 and have some questions. Please
Original post by Sira_143
Hi
Can I please pm you? I’m looking to transfer for 2022 and have some questions. Please

Hi @Sira_143
If you don't hear back from this student and want to discuss this further I can see if there is some staff available to help you with this? Let me know if you'd like me to put anyone in touch.
best
Megan
Hey,
is anyone willing to talk about medical science at ARU, how you're finding the degree? what the assessments are like? Is the workload amount a lot?
Thank you
Hi! I’m a 3rd year medical science student at ARU. The reason I chose medical science over biomed is because all in all, I preferred the modules. It focuses on primarily the body. It’s mechanisms, and biological processes and how things like drugs react with the body. The main module you will learn for the whole of 1st year is anatomy and physiology, which then prepares you for the pathophysiology module in the 1st semester of 2nd year. The ARU website for medical science has a full list of modules.

Assessments mainly consist of lab reports, case study reports and exams, work load in my opinion is quite manageable as long as you’re prepared and start on time. 3rd year is another story 😩 - just kidding, it’s a lot because of the Undergraduate Major Project but still manageable.

Furthermore, a lot of people are interested in medicine, there is a transfer scheme in 1st year that allows you to join the first year of medicine, but there are some requirements for that to happen, and isn’t guaranteed. However the uni prepares you for post graduate jobs and can apply to postgraduate medicine after the degree if you wish :smile:.

Feel free to give me a Unibuddy message if you have more questions, or reply to this thread as I’m sure it’ll help other students interested in medical science. Best wishes
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Livvygg12
Hi! I’m a 3rd year medical science student at ARU. The reason I chose medical science over biomed is because all in all, I preferred the modules. It focuses on primarily the body. It’s mechanisms, and biological processes and how things like drugs react with the body. The main module you will learn for the whole of 1st year is anatomy and physiology, which then prepares you for the pathophysiology module in the 1st semester of 2nd year. The ARU website for medical science has a full list of modules.

Assessments mainly consist of lab reports, case study reports and exams, work load in my opinion is quite manageable as long as you’re prepared and start on time. 3rd year is another story 😩 - just kidding, it’s a lot because of the Undergraduate Major Project but still manageable.

Furthermore, a lot of people are interested in medicine, there is a transfer scheme in 1st year that allows you to join the first year of medicine, but there are some requirements for that to happen, and isn’t guaranteed. However the uni prepares you for post graduate jobs and can apply to postgraduate medicine after the degree if you wish :smile:.

Feel free to give me a Unibuddy message if you have more questions, or reply to this thread as I’m sure it’ll help other students interested in medical science. Best wishes

Hi!Thank you for your previous detailed message. When it comes to revising do you use a lot of textbooks or are the lecture slides enough for revision for assessments and understanding concepts? And are the label sessions and lab reports difficult to do?Thanks you
You can use textbooks, however I prefer to use the lecture slides or sometimes even YouTube videos. Since everything is online, lectures are recorded, so I use the recorded lectures too :smile:
Hi!Thank you for your previous detailed message. When it comes to revising do you use a lot of textbooks or are the lecture slides enough for revision for assessments and understanding concepts? And are the label sessions and lab reports difficult to do?Thanks you
Sorry I didn’t see the last part, got carried away lol! Labs aren’t that difficult but errors will probably be made as we are learning proper laboratory techniques so make sure you pay attention to detail. Lab reports can be quite difficult if the lab was about a complicated matter - the maths especially. However if you always ask for help and attend support sessions, you can definitely do well on them :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending