Crohn’s disease

Watch
Leahmitch
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello I was wondering if anyone could help me with my coursework about Crohn’s disease

Questions
How does Crohn’s disease affect absorption of nutrients?

What is the most common treatment for Crohn’s disease?

What is the best treatment for Crohn’s disease?

How does Crohn’s disease affect diffusion, facilitated diffusion and active transport?
errrr99
Badges: 16
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
how many words are expected for this coursework? Is it worth 20% of your final mark? Is this for school/college/uni? when is it due?
Leahmitch
Rep:
(Original post by errrr99)
how many words are expected for this coursework? Is it worth 20% of your final mark? Is this for school/college/uni? when is it due?
We haven’t been given a word count but roughly about 1 thousand and more worlds . And it’s about 60% of the mark I think, I’m not entirely too sure. It’s due in this Thursday.
errrr99
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
what reading have you done so far? Have you found at least two good websites on crohn's? How will you structure your essay to address those questions; or will you write 200 words per question and not have an introduction/conclusion?
Academicbee123
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I have Crohn’s disease! I was diagnosed at 12 and now I’m 18. I’m not a doctor but I have a lot of knowledge of my disease if you have any questions
Leahmitch
Rep:
(Original post by Academicbee123)
I have Crohn’s disease! I was diagnosed at 12 and now I’m 18. I’m not a doctor but I have a lot of knowledge of my disease if you have any questions
Yeah if so do you know what the most common treatment or most effective treatment used for Crohn’s disease is? And how is your absorption of food affected by Crohn’s disease?
Academicbee123
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Leahmitch)
Yeah if so do you know what the most common treatment or most effective treatment used for Crohn’s disease is? And how is your absorption of food affected by Crohn’s disease?
My absorption of food is affected greatly when I have a flare up. I often have many nutrient deficiencies, like vitamin A, C, B12 and iron deficiencies because I can’t absorb them as my intestines are so inflamed.

People with Crohn’s go through many medications and there are different ones for different severities of the disease. Each person with the disease works better on different medications, it’s very individual. Common medications that I’ve been on include azathioprine, methotrexate, infliximab, steroids like prednisolone and mercaptoputone. I’m currently on adalimumab. Steroids are the most effective for getting us out of a major flare, but they can’t be used long term.
Leahmitch
Rep:
(Original post by Academicbee123)
My absorption of food is affected greatly when I have a flare up. I often have many nutrient deficiencies, like vitamin A, C, B12 and iron deficiencies because I can’t absorb them as my intestines are so inflamed.

People with Crohn’s go through many medications and there are different ones for different severities of the disease. Each person with the disease works better on different medications, it’s very individual. Common medications that I’ve been on include azathioprine, methotrexate, infliximab, steroids like prednisolone and mercaptoputone. I’m currently on adalimumab. Steroids are the most effective for getting us out of a major flare, but they can’t be used long term.
Thank you so much for your answer. Means a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.63%
Note taking apps (6)
2.45%
Flashcards (47)
19.18%
Revision guides (15)
6.12%
Past papers (116)
47.35%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.27%

Watched Threads