The Student Room Group

Late application for 2020 advice

I’ve missed the January 15th UCAS application deadline as I have applied for a Foundation Diploma in Art & Design at Manchester Met (MMU) which was done via email directly with the uni. I haven’t heard anything back yet and I am scared as it’s the only course I’ve applied for. If I don’t get an offer, I’m considering doing History of Art at Manchester but I’ve obviously missed the deadline for application and would probably have to apply through clearing. This is not ideal as there will limited accommodation by then and don’t want to be stuck in accommodation I’m not happy with as I feel like it’s important for the social side of things. I basically still want to go to uni in September if I don’t get onto the foundation course and want to know what my options for that are considering I’ve not even logged into UCAS.
Did you tried ucas extra? I think you can apply to a different course as long your ps is related to the subject and also if your ps is not related to that subject you can send a new one to the uni after you make a new application. If you don't want to get stuck in an accommodation you don't like then you should do something now rather than during cleaning I think. Good luck x
Original post by anniegarnerr
I’ve missed the January 15th UCAS application deadline as I have applied for a Foundation Diploma in Art & Design at Manchester Met (MMU) which was done via email directly with the uni. I haven’t heard anything back yet and I am scared as it’s the only course I’ve applied for. If I don’t get an offer, I’m considering doing History of Art at Manchester but I’ve obviously missed the deadline for application and would probably have to apply through clearing. This is not ideal as there will limited accommodation by then and don’t want to be stuck in accommodation I’m not happy with as I feel like it’s important for the social side of things. I basically still want to go to uni in September if I don’t get onto the foundation course and want to know what my options for that are considering I’ve not even logged into UCAS.

Have you checked whether the course is still considering applications? If so, you can apply now and don't need to wait until Clearing.
Original post by margherita.smith
Did you tried ucas extra? I think you can apply to a different course as long your ps is related to the subject and also if your ps is not related to that subject you can send a new one to the uni after you make a new application. If you don't want to get stuck in an accommodation you don't like then you should do something now rather than during cleaning I think. Good luck x

Don’t think I can use UCAS extra cause I didn’t apply through UCAS, I think you can only use it if you’ve already made applications and got not offers
Original post by Admit-One
Have you checked whether the course is still considering applications? If so, you can apply now and don't need to wait until Clearing.

I’m not sure if they are just assumed the deadline for applications for all courses was on January, will check though thank you
Don’t think I can use UCAS extra cause I didn’t apply through UCAS, I think you can only use it if you’ve already made applications and got not offers

Oh yes! Sorry you are right... Why you didn't use Ucas again? Is that because you wanted apply to just that course in Manchester? At this point I would deal with the uni and just give them a call.
You can apply through ucas as a late applicant. Do it straight away. You wont need extra as you havent had rejections. In the circumstances you would be better applying now than checking with universities. You can apply to up to 5 universities. The deadline is just for equal consideration not a hard and fast deadline.
Reply 7

I also applied for Manchester and have not hard back from them, and neither have any of my friends. They have obviously been disrupted with COVIS, but have you tried contacting them to ask how long their delays are going to be? I also knew someone who applied for a foundation at Manchester last July/August to get onto the 2019 course, so if you are a strong applicant I wouldn't be worried. Your clearing options - keep in mind that if you have predicted grades and attainment grades surpassing your entry requirements that clearing may be a good option. Lots of international students have differed their offers to next year or withdrawn them all together, but some courses may be oversubscribed already as, usually, they expect people to miss their grades on results day. Have you checked your options with UCAS Extra?
Original post by margherita.smith
Oh yes! Sorry you are right... Why you didn't use Ucas again? Is that because you wanted apply to just that course in Manchester? At this point I would deal with the uni and just give them a call.

Original post by swanseajack1
You can apply through ucas as a late applicant. Do it straight away. You wont need extra as you havent had rejections. In the circumstances you would be better applying now than checking with universities. You can apply to up to 5 universities. The deadline is just for equal consideration not a hard and fast deadline.

Yeah it does sound like that is my best option. Do you know if my reference has to be from school because I know it will be effort to try and sort that over email because of being at home atm
Original post by hatsx
I also applied for Manchester and have not hard back from them, and neither have any of my friends. They have obviously been disrupted with COVIS, but have you tried contacting them to ask how long their delays are going to be? I also knew someone who applied for a foundation at Manchester last July/August to get onto the 2019 course, so if you are a strong applicant I wouldn't be worried. Your clearing options - keep in mind that if you have predicted grades and attainment grades surpassing your entry requirements that clearing may be a good option. Lots of international students have differed their offers to next year or withdrawn them all together, but some courses may be oversubscribed already as, usually, they expect people to miss their grades on results day. Have you checked your options with UCAS Extra?

Glad to hear I’m not the only one who’s not heard back from them. I think I’m going to email them to see what going on. Unfortunately I can’t use UCAS extra as I haven’t already applied through UCAS and got rejections
Yeah it does sound like that is my best option. Do you know if my reference has to be from school because I know it will be effort to try and sort that over email because of being at home atm

A reference has to be from someone who can comment on your academic potential and give predicted grades so most people find school the easiest option. If you phone your school someone may be answering the phone to pass on messages or you could email your school
Many schools are open to look after children of key workers. Try ringing the school. If not email them.
Original post by hatsx

Hello :smile:

Sorry that you haven't heard back about your application yet. Our Admissions Teams are working hard to get everything processed for the coming academic year, so rest assured they will be in contact in due course. If you do need to contact them please email [email protected]

Thanks

Sophie
Glad to hear I’m not the only one who’s not heard back from them. I think I’m going to email them to see what going on. Unfortunately I can’t use UCAS extra as I haven’t already applied through UCAS and got rejections

Hi did you hear back I’m now worried because I haven’t and the deadline is next week

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending