Any local uni recommendations?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I currently live in the north of Dorset, right on the border of Somerset, and I’m starting to think about what universities I should consider. Ideally I’d like them to be only an hour/two drive away from where I’m currently living. Also one somewhat near/in Worcestershire would be great. Thank you!
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I currently live in the north of Dorset, right on the border of Somerset, and I’m starting to think about what universities I should consider. Ideally I’d like them to be only an hour/two drive away from where I’m currently living. Also one somewhat near/in Worcestershire would be great. Thank you!
Hey!

We aren't in Worcestershire, but have you thought about the University of Portsmouth? It sounds like your only a couple of hours away from us!

Do you know what you want to study?

Courtney -- Official Student Rep
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Obvious ones are:
Bristol, Bath & Exeter

but also:
UWE, Bournemouth, Bath Spa, Plymouth

Slightly further afield:
Southampton, Cardiff, Portsmouth
mnot
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The ones near Worcester will be more south midlands so:
Birmingham, Warwick, Coventry
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,

Choosing University is quite an important decision so well done for starting to think about it earlier. Coventry is quite close to Worcestershire and commuting is quite common amongst the students so you won't miss out on anything. We also have a range of modern halls and private accommodation within a walking distance from the campus.

Apart from the location, have you started thinking about what you want to study and what is important for you when going to university? In Coventry, we have amazing international opportunities (both shorter and longer trips) and wonderful placement support. If you have any questions about that or you want to find out more about the city itself, please do not hesitate to get in touch!

I hope you find it helpful.

Kind regards,

Monika
Coventry Campus
LLB International Law
Isinglass
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
University of Worcester...?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (74)
37.76%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (20)
10.2%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (13)
6.63%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (48)
24.49%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
12.76%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (16)
8.16%

Watched Threads