broman12
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
which uni should I go to for pharmacy? what are the unis like in terms of teaching and support? what is each uni like for social life? what is the expenses like? pros and cons too.
Please help.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by broman12)
which uni should I go to for pharmacy? what are the unis like in terms of teaching and support? what is each uni like for social life? what is the expenses like? pros and cons too.
Please help.
Hey broman12!

I am a pharmacy student and when I was picking my uni I looked at a number of different things to help me decide
This included:
- The facilities the uni offers - what are the labs like, and the library, and sporting facilities etc.
- How the course is run in terms of lectures, workshops and labs
- Where the uni is - city or campus, think about whats around and what there is to do to see if you would enjoy it there or not!
- Also take a look at the different modules that the unis provide and choose based on what you think you would enjoy most

I hope this helps, and feel free to ask anything related to Pharmacy in general!
Eloise - Official Student Rep
broman12
Rep:
?
(Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep)
Hey broman12!

I am a pharmacy student and when I was picking my uni I looked at a number of different things to help me decide
This included:
- The facilities the uni offers - what are the labs like, and the library, and sporting facilities etc.
- How the course is run in terms of lectures, workshops and labs
- Where the uni is - city or campus, think about whats around and what there is to do to see if you would enjoy it there or not!
- Also take a look at the different modules that the unis provide and choose based on what you think you would enjoy most

I hope this helps, and feel free to ask anything related to Pharmacy in general!
Thank you!! Why did you pick portsmouth for pharmacy?
Annalisadm
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Reading is my firm choice and Portsmouth is my insurance!
Both universities, in my opinion, offered a lot of student support in terms of education in comparison to.. let's say Kings College London and UCL. I found they kind of let you go at don't really guide you. That was the impression I gained when I attended their open days.
I think when choosing a uni, you need to find what works for you, whether that be student support, distance, campus, or the nightlife. It's all very personal. At the end of the day, ever university that offers the MPharm degree is accredited by the GPhC and therefore you will receive the same qualification no matter where you go.
broman12
Rep:
?
(Original post by Annalisadm)
Reading is my firm choice and Portsmouth is my insurance!
Both universities, in my opinion, offered a lot of student support in terms of education in comparison to.. let's say Kings College London and UCL. I found they kind of let you go at don't really guide you. That was the impression I gained when I attended their open days.
I think when choosing a uni, you need to find what works for you, whether that be student support, distance, campus, or the nightlife. It's all very personal. At the end of the day, ever university that offers the MPharm degree is accredited by the GPhC and therefore you will receive the same qualification no matter where you go.
Thank you!! I think I'm just going to go for reading!
Annalisadm
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I’m going to reading too!
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by broman12)
Thank you!! Why did you pick portsmouth for pharmacy?
Hey broman12

I personally decided Portsmouth was where I wanted to be based on the city and the location of Portsmouth itself.
I wanted to go to uni somewhere near the sea and somewhere with lots of things to do

I also liked the labs at Portsmouth and the nice views that they have too!
I also think that the dispensary is nicely laid out and it was a lot brighter and more spacious than the one I saw at Reading!

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (58)
21.56%
Excited but a bit nervous (123)
45.72%
Not bothered either way (35)
13.01%
I'm really nervous (53)
19.7%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise