girlysirly
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
heyyyy, please can someone help me I need to choose my levels and idk if biology, chemistry and photography BTEC are good choices. as I really want to go to uni to study something to do with science. can someone help me please.
jessblackburn
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Biology and Chemistry are of course good for science subjects - however some Chemistry courses require maths so this might be something to consider. It would also be worth looking at the entry requirements of universities to make sure they accept a Photography BTEC.
Bambam0102
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Maths is quite key for a lot of science degrees but not all. Best idea is too look at universities and their entry requirements for all courses. You could always do 4
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by girlysirly)
heyyyy, please can someone help me I need to choose my levels and idk if biology, chemistry and photography BTEC are good choices. as I really want to go to uni to study something to do with science. can someone help me please.
Hi girlysirly!

I'd recommend looking at subject requirements for Science related courses which you'd like to apply to at Uni's you might like to apply to and double check if you will needs Maths as one of your A-Levels as I believe Maths is needed with many Science courses. If not then take Photography if that is a subject that interests you or if you think you might be best choosing another A-Level subject which is more related to science (such as Psychology) then maybe have a look into that.

I hope this helps

Erin - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (36)
5.71%
Uncertainty around my education (74)
11.73%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (70)
11.09%
Lack of purpose or motivation (80)
12.68%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (36)
5.71%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (35)
5.55%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (66)
10.46%
Financial worries (41)
6.5%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (26)
4.12%
Exposure to negative news/social media (37)
5.86%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (18)
2.85%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (61)
9.67%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (51)
8.08%

Watched Threads