The Student Room Group

alavel choices

heyyyy, please can someone help me I need to choose my levels and idk if biology, chemistry and photography BTEC are good choices. as I really want to go to uni to study something to do with science. can someone help me please.
Biology and Chemistry are of course good for science subjects - however some Chemistry courses require maths so this might be something to consider. It would also be worth looking at the entry requirements of universities to make sure they accept a Photography BTEC.
Maths is quite key for a lot of science degrees but not all. Best idea is too look at universities and their entry requirements for all courses. You could always do 4
Original post by girlysirly
heyyyy, please can someone help me I need to choose my levels and idk if biology, chemistry and photography BTEC are good choices. as I really want to go to uni to study something to do with science. can someone help me please.

Hi @girlysirly!

I'd recommend looking at subject requirements for Science related courses which you'd like to apply to at Uni's you might like to apply to and double check if you will needs Maths as one of your A-Levels as I believe Maths is needed with many Science courses. If not then take Photography if that is a subject that interests you or if you think you might be best choosing another A-Level subject which is more related to science (such as Psychology) then maybe have a look into that.

I hope this helps:smile:

Erin - Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest