The Student Room Group

Do I have a problem/disorder?

Basically I’m really bored in the lockdown and the simple solution like pretty much everyone else is doing would be to text my friends right? Well this is my problem. I physically can’t bring myself to text them because in my head I assume they either don’t want to talk to me, or would find it annoying. Literally like every time I have spoken to my friends so far during lockdown, they have been the one to text me.

I’m coping without talking to them and finding things to do but it would still be nice to talk to someone not in my family during this lockdown. Also worth adding that I have a crush on one of my friends so it’s really getting me down that I only talk to them like once a week (this is more than we would text before the lockdown, but we used to see each other every day for lectures)

I can’t tell if it’s a disorder or like a psychological problem or not, I’ve got bad history with former friends and my confidence has taken a real knock in the past two years which has really lowered my own self-worth (it obviously hasn’t helped either in regards to making a move on the friend I like).

I just don’t know what to do really, as I say, I’m not like struggling or suffering for not talking to them, I just think that as my friends I should be talking to them more. I obviously also want to particularly speak to the friend I have a crush on more as well, but I’m having a hard time trying to see why she would want to talk to me, or why she would like me as more than a friend as well (even though one of my other friends says that she is positive this girl likes me).

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Does it matter if it's a diagnoseable condition? Sounds like you need to work on your self confidence and do some thinking on why you feel like this in the present day (it likely is related to previous bad experiences). Work on things. They're different people. I'm sure they'd like to hear from you. Bite the bullet.
I’d suggest texting you’re friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending