Why do I crave my ex boyfriend who emotionally abused me?

Watch
milliejayne19
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I fully well know he is toxic for me, yet I crave him and it makes me want to go back to him. Why?
Anonymous #1
Report 6 months ago
Because he is handsome and women love it when hot masculine guys abuse them
Greywolf.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah not funny
Greywolf.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by milliejayne19)
I fully well know he is toxic for me, yet I crave him and it makes me want to go back to him. Why?
Think of it similar to withdrawal symptoms
Anonymous #2
Report 6 months ago
Yh true women like alpha males but when they finally get a alpha male ***** and moan that the geeza is too controlling like make your mind up - isn't it what they wanted ?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Because you miss the sexual chemistry, affection, good memories from the relationship and don't want to be alone?
Or you just miss the sex?
Anonymous #1
Report 6 months ago
Yh true women like alpha males but when they finally get a alpha male ***** and moan that the geeza is too controlling like make your mind up - isn't it what they wanted ?
they want a alpha to choke and spank them and pin them down

very few can be an alpha so it makes sense why OP misses them
saltandshake
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Emotional abusers carefully design the pattern of their mistreatment so that when they are absent, literally or emotionally, their partners feel almost compelled to seek their attention, even though (as you say) they know that it is unhealthy.

Do have a look into the effects of narcissistic abuse- cravings for an abuser are particularly common where the ex is a narcissist. It sounds as though this may be your situation. In a nutshell; a narcissist's mistreatment fills an emotional void that exists in their partner, so when this abuse is gone, they long for their ex back to fill that void. The longing you're feeling now might be a result of a behaviour known as the idealisation-devaluation-discard cycle. A useful couple of articles on this: https://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/ide...issism-0325154 and https://neuroinstincts.com/neuroscie...honda-freeman/ . You're missing the emotional high that your ex provided at the beginning of your relationship to hook you in. It's certainly akin to withdrawing from a drug- the feelings are very powerful.

Above all, do not go back to him, under any circumstances. Take time to yourself to heal the trauma from the abuse, or you will likely find yourself in similar relationships throughout your lifetime. Don't underestimate the scars of emotional abuse- perhaps when lockdown restrictions are lifted, you could find yourself a therapist.
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 6 months ago
did he make you feel like you couldn't do any better? did he tell you you were nothing without him?

do you feel the need to 'win' his approval? or maybe if you change him you've accomplished something as a person. there's heaps of reasons people stay in abusive relationships.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by milliejayne19)
Low self esteem and delusional.
MPenny04
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
wow a good couple incels here already damn
"they just want a chad to abuse them" grow up
Anonymous #2
Report 6 months ago
they want a alpha to choke and spank them and pin them down

very few can be an alpha so it makes sense why OP misses them
If that b doesn't wanna get smacked she should go for a guy who lacks in self confidence and is basically a sissy otherwise no offence 90% of men r like that unless they wet of gay
Anonymous #2
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by MPenny04)
Hah pretty sure u meant chav 😂😂😂
Anonymous #1
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by MPenny04)
they don't want chad

they want a high testosterone muslim
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (600)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (738)
41.69%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (353)
19.94%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed