The Student Room Group

mrs birling- an inspector calls PLEASE HELP WORK DUE IN 15 MINS!

Why does Priestley include Mrs. Birling in the play? What does she represent and why is it important that she does not change during the course of the play?
Priestley uses Mrs Birling as a symbol to represent the wealthier, privileged classes and their selfish attitudes. She sees the working class as morally inferior. Priestley wanted his audience to despise Mrs Birling and the ignorant social snobbery she represents.

Homework done.
Reply 2
Original post by LondonLoveLifeL
Priestley uses Mrs Birling as a symbol to represent the wealthier, privileged classes and their selfish attitudes. She sees the working class as morally inferior. Priestley wanted his audience to despise Mrs Birling and the ignorant social snobbery she represents.

Homework done.

thank you so much lmao! you saved me x
Reply 3
Original post by LondonLoveLifeL

Homework done.

have you got an answer to this? - How does Mrs. Birling’s position as a woman in 1912 effect the way her character acts?
Reply 4
HAS ANYONE GOT AN ANSWER TO THIS? How does Mrs. Birling’s position as a woman in 1912 effect the way her character acts
Reply 5
I didn't ask for your opinion I asked for your help.
Original post by ebonydublin
HAS ANYONE GOT AN ANSWER TO THIS? How does Mrs. Birling’s position as a woman in 1912 effect the way her character acts

In 1912, women were looked down up and seen as socially inferior to men and are considered their property. Ergo, she supports her husband and their actions in kicking Eva from their employment.
Original post by SnowMiku
In 1912, women were looked down up and seen as socially inferior to men and are considered their property. Ergo, she supports her husband and their actions in kicking Eva from their employment.

Thx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending