KCL or the University of Dundee to study undergraduate Dentistry? (2020)

Watch
nida_navin
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi everyone, I applied to study Dentistry this year and received conditional offers from both Dundee and KCL and at this point have to make a decison on which university I would like to firm. I live in Scotland at the moment so if I went to Dundee it would be free and closer to home, but KCL seems to have a higher university ranking and higher prestige. It would be really helpful if anyone that has considered either of these universities before or if anyone that studies at either of these universities would be able to help me understand better what life is like there.
Thank you so much!
blackopiummm
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Kcl higher ranking. London more diverse so greater clinical skills developed
Dexter345
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
University ranking doesn’t really matter for medicine and dentistry so pick whichever one based on preference of teaching, travelling etc. Going home from London is going to be a long journey lol but London is a lot more diverse but hella expensive
BedfordMom
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Like Dexter said, it makes no difference which university for a course like Dentistry. Both Dundee and KCL have well established records of teaching dentistry. Either way you will be snapped up immediately employment wise upon graduating. You will definitely not be lacking skill wise just because you didn’t go to KCL. Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing tc are unusual in this because there is more demand for those skills than the supply.

Based on logistics and finance, I would definitely go for Dundee. You will not become a ‘super dentist’ just because you went to KCL.
Last edited by BedfordMom; 5 months ago
nida_navin
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by BedfordMom)
Like Dexter said, it makes no difference which university for a course like Dentistry. Both Dundee and KCL have well established records of teaching dentistry. Either way you will be snapped up immediately employment wise upon graduating. You will definitely not be lacking skill wise just because you didn’t go to KCL. Dentistry, Medicine, Nursing tc are unusual in this because there is more demand for those skills than the supply.

Based on logistics and finance, I would definitely go for Dundee. You will not become a ‘super dentist’ just because you went to KCL.
Hi there, I did end up choosing to go to Dundee after all! Thank you so much for replying I still am unsure about my decision but I'm happy to know it shouldn't affect me too much : )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (66)
66.67%
I don't have everything I need (33)
33.33%

Watched Threads