Am I aromantic?

Watch
kosmik_kaktus
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Bisexual female // I've been in a few relationships but I always seem to run into the same problem no matter who I date. I'll get really infatuated with them and enjoy the chase, we start dating and as soon as they admit that they love me, I start to get bored. No matter how close we get, if I do love them I just love them as a friend, not a romantic partner and we usually go our separate ways after a while of me finally admitting this to them (it's hard though bc i dont want to hurt them, but im just not happy in a relationship with them anymore since i dont feel that interest). Ive becomes friends with an ex and it feels like we're repeating what we've already done, texting all the time and the chase is back on, I'm more interested. But as soon as she says she loves me or wants to get back together, I just lose interest. My first relationship was w a man I thought that maybe i was actually just a lesbian but the same thing happened when i dated women. I'm a very sexual person and love a hookup as much as the next guy but? I just don't feel the romantic aspect the way that other people feel it. What is this??
Last edited by kosmik_kaktus; 8 months ago
Ansi Pitt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
do you use instragram if yes then MY LBGT account can help you peace
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Maybe you're frayromantic?
kosmik_kaktus
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ansi Pitt)
do you use instragram if yes then MY LBGT account can help you peace
yes! what's the account? i'll follow!
kosmik_kaktus
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bio 7)
Maybe you're frayromantic?
i just looked it up and the definition: "Frayromantic (also known as ignotasromantic) is a romantic orientation on the aromantic spectrum. It is defined as when someone only experiences romantic attraction towards those that they are not deeply connected with, and lose that attraction as they get to know the person."

I'm literally in shock rn bc it just defined it to a T for me so thank you Bio 7 for telling me what I am jfc so glad I posted this
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by kosmik_kaktus)
i just looked it up and the definition: "Frayromantic (also known as ignotasromantic) is a romantic orientation on the aromantic spectrum. It is defined as when someone only experiences romantic attraction towards those that they are not deeply connected with, and lose that attraction as they get to know the person."

I'm literally in shock rn bc it just defined it to a T for me so thank you Bio 7 for telling me what I am jfc so glad I posted this
You're welcome. Have a look on aven if you haven't before, there are a load of us aces and grey aces there that can also help that cover all the romantic and sexual identites like that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (451)
56.59%
I don't have everything I need (346)
43.41%

Watched Threads