Want more information about this university?
Chakkapalli
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I got offer letters for msc from Sheffield and uel so which university is good to Study ?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Chakkapalli)
I got offer letters for msc from Sheffield and uel so which university is good to Study ?
Have you done any research on either?
Is there some special reason you want to study at UEL?
I would prefer Sheffield Hallam by a long way.

https://www.studentcrowd.com/univers..._london-london
https://www.studentcrowd.com/univers...sity-sheffield
Chakkapalli
Rep:
?
But uel is in london which is good to do part time jobs for a student. Is there that much difference in between these universities ? I think place of staying is also important as Well.
hallamstudents
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi Chakkapalli
I’m a law student at Sheffield Hallam uni. What I really like about the uni is the practicality of the courses, and the fact that I got to go on placement at a law firm. What course will you be studying? I would recommend looking at the modules, assessments and any extra opportunities offered for the course and see if it is something you would enjoy. This may help you in deciding if Hallam is the right uni for you. You can also use our chat to a student platform to speak to current Hallam students to ask for their opinions.

Sheffield is a very student friendly city as there are 2 large Uni’s, so there is almost always something to do for students, and there are plenty of Bars, restaurants and cinema’s available. It’s also a good city if you enjoy nature as the peak district is close by and there are plenty of parks around. Sheffield is also a cheap for living costs, compared to larger cities. Even though it is a large city, I have found everything to be close by, so it is easy to navigate and has a very close-knit feel to it. Also, because it has so many students in, there is a lot of part-time student work, both in the uni itself and in the city. I work as a student ambassador for Sheffield Hallam, and I do various jobs such as working in school events, open days and the call centre. This has been a great way to earn money whilst studying for me.

I hope this has given you a little insight into what it is like being a student at Hallam, feel free to ask me any other questions you may have.
Zaira 😊
Last edited by hallamstudents; 8 months ago
Chakkapalli
Rep:
?
Thankyou zaira
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hello Chakkapalli

Choosing your final choice can be a difficult decision, make sure you take the time to assess the different aspects of both universities in order to ensure you make the best choice for you!

You can use league tables to assess the course and university, however, keep in mind these rankings may not match your needs, they are just an additional reference in helping you come to your decision.

Think about the way the course is taught, do you prefer exams or assessments, or is there a specific module which sounds really interesting to you?

Accommodation and location is another important factor to consider. Does the accommodation meet your needs, whether this be an en-suit or large communal areas to hang out with your mates? Are the accommodation buildings near the university or leisure facilities, shops restaurants or do you have to travel a lot? Also think about the city location, you will spend 3 years here does it offer you what you want in regard to social activities as well as university facilities and teaching.

I hope this has helped provide you with a few ideas to think about to help you come to your conclusion.

All the best making your firm choice, if you have any other questions don't hesitate to get back in touch!

-Rachel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (420)
56.6%
I don't have everything I need (322)
43.4%

Watched Threads