The Student Room Group

Dot.

(edited 3 years ago)
I read this on Twitter and it’s so accurate:
“In my opinion so many marriages don’t work because people marry who they’re in love with. Love isn’t infinite, love doesn’t last forever. Rather marry someone who you respect, who you admire, someone that you can honestly say you can be okay with all their faults and flaws.”

Honestly we shouldn’t be looking for a partner. We should focus on our goals and building our life. Eventually the right person will come and find their way to us.
I believe it's true. We always feel down or bad when we know friends are in a relationship. This makes us wanting a partner so badly which is really bad. IMO, we should focus on our goal and dream instead of chasing love. You will meet a lot of potential partner on your journey of chasing your dream.
I believe we should marry the people who both of us are in love. Love never is infinite. It just changes into another form. Love is a strong weapon in humanity. I view it as a strength. It gives us courage and strength. Couples always argued that love is gone in their relationship but they regret about it after break up. They start to realize that actually their life is actually binding. All those habits and practice. Love just transformed into a habit for both of them. People who love you will give you respect and affection.
Reply 3
If its meant to be, its meant to be. Most people end up finding their person with just the right timing which is crazy to me at least in itself. You also both have to also have that connection. I think its crazy and the odds are doubtful but it happens to so many people. So yes, I do agree with it.
Yes, I believe in it.
I also believe that people play a large role in their own luck, lifestyle and how they choose to respond to opportunities that suddenly present themselves.
Reply 5
marriage is stupid in the first place. eventually, you just get bored with your lovely lovely spouse.
Original post by Ciel.
marriage is stupid in the first place. eventually, you just get bored with your lovely lovely spouse.

Exactly thats y ppl should be with someone they admire and enjoy being around rather that someone they “love.” In a world like this, “love” doesn’t exist. What does it mean?

When u have people cheating on their partners. Throwing money around to have sex. Makes u think what is love and does intimacy even exist if majority of people only want just beat.

Imo love doesn’t exist. Like u can only adore someone to an extent.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Itsnaaaz
Exactly thats y ppl should be with someone they admire and enjoy being around rather that someone they “love.” In a world like this, “love” doesn’t exist. What does it mean?

When u have people cheating on their partners. Throwing money around to have sex. Makes u think what is love and does intimacy even exist if majority of people only want just beat.

Imo love doesn’t exist. Like u can only adore someone to an extent.

i think it sorta does, but romantic love is different from family love etc. it's fleeting.
Original post by Ciel.
i think it sorta does, but romantic love is different from family love etc. it's fleeting.

Love from family is completely different. At the end of the day, u will always have them. They won’t ever exclude u even if they say they will or are. You will always be connected to them. Even if you don’t see them, u share the same blood so you’re part of a special bond. God forbid but if someone in your family passes, you will always still be part of them.

But the love between you and an ‘outsider’, if you’d like to call it that, is different. They were not forcefully made to love u. Don’t take me out of context, your family are not forced to love u but it’s like they are brought up to love you. People outside your family decide to love u and care for u.

Honestly, I favour my friends love than my own family.
Reply 9
Original post by Itsnaaaz
Love from family is completely different. At the end of the day, u will always have them. They won’t ever exclude u even if they say they will or are. You will always be connected to them. Even if you don’t see them, u share the same blood so you’re part of a special bond. God forbid but if someone in your family passes, you will always still be part of them.

But the love between you and an ‘outsider’, if you’d like to call it that, is different. They were not forcefully made to love u. Don’t take me out of context, your family are not forced to love u but it’s like they are brought up to love you. People outside your family decide to love u and care for u.

Honestly, I favour my friends love than my own family.

i know what you mean, even though my family relations are rocky, at best, lol.
yep, you can't choose your family but you can choose your friends and sorta make them your new family.
Original post by Ciel.
i know what you mean, even though my family relations are rocky, at best, lol.
yep, you can't choose your family but you can choose your friends and sorta make them your new family.

Exactly. And when you’ve known your friends for some time, they become your family. Your safe spot.
But in some cases u can choose your family. Your family can be your family but u don’t always have to say they’re your family. You also get to pick who u consider family.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending