The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

yes we have blackboard,but we don't use it.well in my department we don't.we use something called webct which is similar to blackboard.
We also use turnitin, well again my school uses turnitin.
to be honest, your uni email has probably not been created or it's empty.
if there are other applications,they will be introduced to you by your lecturers, so be patient.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
yeah i know the lecturers will mention it but seeing as you are answering pretty much most of the questions around here then i thought i might try my luck so to speak. cheers for the info anyway, much appreciate it! i shouldn't think there's much else to know in relation to business based courses.. mostly essay based requiring access to bb, portal, and athens... thanks anyway. ppreciate it.
I registered, got my username etc but no password... It says not to log on until the course starts though so maybe the password will come later one. Anyone else actually get a password or is this the norm? :smile:
Reply 23
Could someone please tell the IT guys that the username password thing isnt working? :smile:

It asks you to input a password to go with my allocated username but when I enter it, it says - Please contact the IT Helpline and thell them: Error details: University Username error 7 (cannot Bind to LDAP
Well I have a problem with the 'my details' bit right at the start....I assume that because I came in through Clearing they haven't processed me properly yet (it says there's a problem with my student record). E-mailed them like it says, so I suppose I'll just have to hold on abit longer.
Christian_j
Could someone please tell the IT guys that the username password thing isnt working? :smile:

It asks you to input a password to go with my allocated username but when I enter it, it says - Please contact the IT Helpline and thell them: Error details: University Username error 7 (cannot Bind to LDAP

I've got this problem as well! I've emailed them..
Reply 26
Same problem as above. Email sent to IT people.
Reply 27
Cheers, I didn't know whether to call them or not - I guessed that if I could find out if anyone else was having the same problem then I wouldnt call as they'll probably be inundated :smile: E-mail was the right idea
Reply 28
ManxKirsty
I registered, got my username etc but no password... It says not to log on until the course starts though so maybe the password will come later one. Anyone else actually get a password or is this the norm? :smile:

Try going to http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/is/selfreg.
That gave me the default password, although I had to wait a day until I could log into the Portal with it.
Reply 29
shylyescence12
Well I have a problem with the 'my details' bit right at the start....I assume that because I came in through Clearing they haven't processed me properly yet (it says there's a problem with my student record). E-mailed them like it says, so I suppose I'll just have to hold on abit longer.

Ditto
Reply 30
Same problem for me. Registered early, but cant choose password. Emailed the support and they replied...

We are currently experiencing problems with username and password creation which will have caused the LDAP Error 7 message in the University of Nottingham Portal. We are currently working to resolve these problems and we would suggest that you re-visit the site towards the end of this week to change your password.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused and be assured that this will not affect your course registration status in any way.
Reply 31
ManxKirsty

where do you find out your username?
cc123
where do you find out your username?

when you login to the portal in the bottom right hand box where you're supposed to provide your new password. it should tell you in there..

otherwise look for yourself in the student directory and your username would be the bit before @nottingham.ac.uk

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/contacting/student-look-up.phtml
Reply 33
It says:

University Username

The university username password changer is currently unavailable due to a technical issue

Please revisit this page later to check availablity
and the student directory??
Reply 35
Doesn't work because my surname's only three letters long
Reply 36
cc123
Doesn't work because my surname's only three letters long

put a space after it, that tricks some search thingys.
Reply 37
markdr
Try going to http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/is/selfreg.
That gave me the default password, although I had to wait a day until I could log into the Portal with it.

Same here, i did it about a week ago and took 48h i think, it's working fine. it gave me my default password and i changed it as indicated.
Reply 38
muahahaa.. i got my username and password.
Reply 39
I got my username and password, expecting to be able to read the politics reading list... :s-smilie:

Latest

Trending

Trending