Current / Former Brampton Manor students

Watch
Courtney639
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
• What is a typical day like in 6th form?
• How many lessons and subjects do you have per day?
•Are ipads allowed to be used to take down notes?
• How often do you get study/free periods?
• How is the workload?
e.g220022
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey,
I'll be going into year 13 in September so hopefully I can help a little with your questions.
Its quite hard to define a normal day as it all depends on your timetable. For example on a Monday I had 4 free periods and then one hour of English but on a Wednesday I had no free periods.
In my sixth form iPads and laptops are allowed to be used during lessons and frees but I'm not sure if this is the case for all schools.
Again with the study periods it all depends on your timetable but take full advantage of your frees to catch-up on any work, do homework or even try and get ahead as not everyone does this so they fall behind and it's a struggle to catchup again. The work load is a big step up from GCSEs but if you keep on top of it you will be fine. I found personally that you go through the topics a lot faster than previous years so used my frees to go over them again at my own pace.
I hope this somehow helps.
Courtney639
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by e.g220022)
Hey,
I'll be going into year 13 in September so hopefully I can help a little with your questions.
Its quite hard to define a normal day as it all depends on your timetable. For example on a Monday I had 4 free periods and then one hour of English but on a Wednesday I had no free periods.
In my sixth form iPads and laptops are allowed to be used during lessons and frees but I'm not sure if this is the case for all schools.
Again with the study periods it all depends on your timetable but take full advantage of your frees to catch-up on any work, do homework or even try and get ahead as not everyone does this so they fall behind and it's a struggle to catchup again. The work load is a big step up from GCSEs but if you keep on top of it you will be fine. I found personally that you go through the topics a lot faster than previous years so used my frees to go over them again at my own pace.
I hope this somehow helps.
do you go to brampton manor?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.23%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.7%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.4%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.93%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.34%

Watched Threads