The Student Room Group

Kamen Rider Club - Tokusatsu discussion and review thread!

I haven't seen one of these here yet, so looks like I'm making one!

Discuss anything Kamen Rider related, whether that be merch or episodes or whatever!

(Give a week's grace with spoilers though please - mark them as such :biggrin:)

Other tokusatsu fans are also welcome to pop in!

EDIT: I realise a lot of this has been my ramblings, so this is also now a review thread I guess :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

don't know or watch the show (prefer watching the news and cartoons) but thought I might :bump: this thread? :sorry:
Reply 2
Original post by 1st superstar
don't know or watch the show (prefer watching the news and cartoons) but thought I might :bump: this thread? :sorry:

Well, there's quite a lot of shows!
Might I point you in this direction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znIA-I3O5PA if you want to learn more, or just anyone who stumbles here!
Original post by SnowMiku
Well, there's quite a lot of shows!
Might I point you in this direction: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znIA-I3O5PA if you want to learn more, or just anyone who stumbles here!

I see so it's a cartoon/show/series similar to Power Rangers?
Reply 4
Original post by 1st superstar
I see so it's a cartoon/show/series similar to Power Rangers?

It's not advisable to say that... but I suppose, at it's most basic form, somewhat ish yes.
Much better than PR in my opinion though.
It's not advisable to say that... but I suppose, at it's most basic form, somewhat ish yes.
Much better than PR in my opinion though.

I see
I haven't seen one of these here yet, so looks like I'm making one!

Discuss anything Kamen Rider related, whether that be merch or episodes or whatever!

(Give a week's grace with spoilers though please - mark them as such :biggrin:)

Other tokusatsu fans are also welcome to pop in!

Is it not an old school anime from the 80s? Kamen Rider is a familiar name to me.
@SnowMiku Oh, that is MASKED rider! the name is a bit different, but of course I know! after the Power Rangers, my second best superhero show. :biggrin:
Reply 8
Original post by Kallisto
@SnowMiku Oh, that is MASKED rider! the name is a bit different, but of course I know! after the Power Rangers, my second best superhero show. :biggrin:

Ayy! I stopped watching PR after Dino Charge really, but I'm keeping up with all the new 01 episodes sooo
I think it might've gotten some sort of anime-y adaptation at some point, and yeah there was Masked Rider at some point too XD
Ayy! I stopped watching PR after Dino Charge really, but I'm keeping up with all the new 01 episodes sooo
I think it might've gotten some sort of anime-y adaptation at some point, and yeah there was Masked Rider at some point too XD

By the way I confused Kamen Rider with Saber Rider, that is an anime indeed. :redface:

I stopped watching Power Rangers in the Zeo season. And yeah, the TV show as a whole was abysmal in performance, especially the fighting scene, but everything is different in children's eyes! And I was a big fan of the green and white ranger in the Mighty Moprhin season. :biggrin:

What I like most of all in Kamen Rider was Dex's pet, Ferbus. So sweet, and so funny as trouble maker! :biggrin: Do you know what I am talking about? The outfit of Kamen Rider was superb, retrospectively speaking even better than most of the Power Rangers. And he had a motorbike and a car with the ability to speak! far better than the gigantic Zords in Power Rangers, they always destroy cities to defeat the enemy! A thing that never happened in Kamen Rider...
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 10
By the way I confused Kamen Rider with Saber Rider, that is an anime indeed. :redface:

I stopped watching Power Rangers in the Zeo season. And yeah, the TV show as a whole was abysmal in performance, especially the fighting scene, but everything is different in children's eyes! And I was a big fan of the green and white ranger in the Mighty Moprhin season. :biggrin:

What I like most of all in Kamen Rider was Dex's pet, Ferbus. So sweet, and so funny as trouble maker! :biggrin: Do you know what I am talking about? The outfit of Kamen Rider was superb, retrospectively speaking even better than most of the Power Rangers. And he had a motorbike and a car with the ability to speak! far better than the gigantic Zords in Power Rangers, they always destroy cities to defeat the enemy! A thing that never happened in Kamen Rider...

Oh, that was the American adaptation! Haven't even watched that :eek: but now that makes me want to! Well, yeah, I like the zord fights personally but sparingly XD
Oh, that was the American adaptation! Haven't even watched that :eek: but now that makes me want to! Well, yeah, I like the zord fights personally but sparingly XD

There is no Ferbus, a speaking motorbike and car in the Japanese origin? is the original pretty serious then? the American has funny elements!
Reply 12
There is no Ferbus, a speaking motorbike and car in the Japanese origin? is the original pretty serious then? the American has funny elements!

Oh goodness yes! No ferbus in the original story, and the showa-era seasons of kamen rider are quite serious. However some later seasons, Fourze being a big example, can get quite silly and have side stories/DVDs that just hilarious.
You're more likely to find speaking cars and mecha for that matter in sentai, although Drive kinda had a speaking car because of the main rider's belt being used in it... but that's another can of worms.
Reply 13
Anyway, KR Club is back!

Sadly because of COVID-19, filming has been suspended but we did get some pretty cool episodes, including the start of all out war between ZAIA and Metsuboujinrai.net in Zero-One. Also, that cliffhanger with Raiden.... holy moly.
Spoilers below.

Spoiler

Reply 14
Kamen Rider Club..... TOKU IS BACK!
Filming for KR O1 and Kirameiger has restarted, meaning NEW EPISODES! Ultraman Z just premiered on Youtube and oh my goodness - check it out.
Zero fits as a mentor and the chanting the name thing is just yes yes and yes.
Spoilers for Ark-Zero:

Spoiler

Edit: Completely missed this.
WE. HAVE. THE NEXT. KAMEN RIDER. SHOW. NAME. COPYRIGHT. FILED!
Drumroll....

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 15
Ultraman Z's next episode is tomorrow!
Hope I'm not the only TSRian watching :smile:
Link is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfarlIhl4uo
(6 hours until premiere and a brand new 20mins of adventure with Haruki and Z!)
Reply 16
Aight, watched both Eps 2 and 3 of Ultraman Z. Gotta keep up with 01 when I can too! :biggrin:
Spoilers for EP 3 and forms:

Spoiler

Reply 17
Kamen Rider Zero-One (01,01,01,01,01... RealxEyes is taking over confirmed) episode 37 has been subbed and has been watched.
Spoilers below:

Spoiler

There's also the Ultraman Z audio dramas to keep up with on Tsuburaya's official channel so I suggest checking those out - Z and Zero interacting is funny, not going to lie.

Finally, this post is also a small tribute to Eiji Tsuburaya, who started the company and was involved in making the 1966 Ultraman. It's his birthday today, so just gonna say: Happy Birthday Eiji!
Reply 18
Happy Ultraman Day!
:smile:
Happy Ultraman Day!
:smile:

Ultraman Day? Does an honour day just for Kamen Rider exist (in Japan)? Did I miss anything?

Quick Reply

Latest