ethanhague1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys. Has anyone done A level English recently? How did it go? I’m thinking of doing English language and English lit at A level. I’ve heard English language at A level can be quite tricky. Any advice?
username5200950
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I’m currently in year 13 and studied English Lit at A-Level. At first I was skeptical about doing it since I thought it was too hard and wouldn’t be good enough. However, taking it was the best decision ever. So if you love English then I would definitely recommend it. Be prepared to work and understand the fact that you will need to read A LOT. It’s a really rewarding subject and is valued by universities and employers.
ethanhague1
Rep:
?
Thanks for the info mate.
ayumie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
English Language is more similar to the questions you get in GCSE Eng Lit, whereas English Literature is a 'bigger' step up. Both are good, and the novels studied are really interesting!
ethanhague1
Rep:
?
(Original post by ayumie)
English Language is more similar to the questions you get in GCSE Eng Lit, whereas English Literature is a 'bigger' step up. Both are good, and the novels studied are really interesting!
Thanks for the feedback. It very much sounds like these are the subjects for me as I like both English language and lit!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (24)
16.78%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (48)
33.57%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (14)
9.79%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (14)
9.79%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (7)
4.9%
I think it's an unfair expectation (33)
23.08%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
2.1%

Watched Threads