The Student Room Group

Self study A levels cie

I'm planning to self study cie A-levels doing: History, Economics, and Maths, can you recommend any books or online courses? (or any general advice)
Reply 1
Original post by raghadsd
I'm planning to self study cie A-levels doing: History, Economics, and Maths, can you recommend any books or online courses? (or any general advice)

For Economics (they do Maths too) please please check out UpLearn - it is so so good for Econ, and they guarantee an A/A*.
Original post by raghadsd

Hi, I’m also planning to study CIE A Levels. I’m homeschooled, so my options are self-study, correspondence courses and private tutors. I’m doing research on A Level History and I’ve found that resources for A2 are very limited (there is no endorsed textbook for A2, only for AS). There will be suggested textbooks but those are listed in the scheme of work and cannot be accessed by students. So I’m considering taking a correspondence course. My other subjects are mathematics and English literature. I’ll study mathematics entirely on my own and English literature with a private tutor. In addition I found a website called Mark My Papers and they provide paper/essay marking for individual students and homeschoolers. I have not tried their service but I’m planning to. Maybe you can have a look at that.

Quick Reply

Latest