GCSE maths for university

Watch this thread
Matt.oc
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi guys
I’ve been a teaching assistant for the last 4 years and have decided that next year I’ll try to further my career and become a primary school teacher. I’ve spoke to someone from a university who deals with entry criteria and recommended doing an access course hopefully to help with this which I can do and applied for, but they also suggested redoing GCSEs in maths, English and science. I’ve got a C in English the other two sadly not. I had a quick look at the maths GCSE type stuff and literally nearly fainted looking at some of the questions and haven’t even looked at the science yet. I’ve enrolled on a GCSE Maths course for Sept if everything is safe to do so.
Just asking if anyone has redone their gcses as an adult what was it like and how they do it? Also any websites I’ve been on bbc Bitesize, I done a bit on algebra before collecting like terms and place value and done ok but other stuff really worries me.
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
For gcse science, check out freesciencelessons on YouTube and for maths, there are lots of resources (also science), you could check out dr frost maths - I could recommend more if you want. You should find an exam centre that will let you take the exam in the summer as well. However that’s only the extent of my knowledge so I’m sorry I couldn’t be much of help.
Matt.oc
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
That science one is brilliant. Any more maths sites would be helpful pleaseeeee 😁
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
If you're taking Science then you have to make some choices. You only have to have a single GCSE in a Science to be a primary school teacher and there is no longer a general, single GCSE-sized,Science GCSE in England. There are also problems with taking GCSEs in Sciences as a private candidate so your best choice is probably to study Edexcel IGCSE Science (or possibly Edexcel IGCSE in a specific Science - e.g. Biology).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (70)
66.67%
No (26)
24.76%
I didn't use it to prepare (9)
8.57%

Watched Threads