How do I get over my ex/sons father

Watch
A1S2H3
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Me and my son's father were together 4 years (I'm only 22 so we got together when we were quite young and he's the only relationship I've ever had). He broke up with me a couple months ago. I was so so heartbroken. It was my sons birthday a couple weeks ago and he slept over for the night. We ended up having sex (he initiated it). Since then we've kind of been 'friends with benefits', he's been over quite a few times and we've had sex. The thing is,is we don't just have sex. He cuddles me, kisses me, laughs with me, tickles me etc. He's cute and intimate. He said he's still very attracted to me. A few days ago I told him we'd have to stop having sex at some point, as I still want to get married and have more children etc. I said of course it's **** It's not with you but..I asked if it bothered him, the thought of me marrying somebody else. He said 'it does a little bit tbh. It didn't when we first broke up, but it does since we've been doing this'.. what does that mean?I've said to him that If we get back together in the future and if happens naturally, that's ok. He seemed in agreement with that. Of course I still love him. And the thought of him being with somebody else absolutely kills me, it makes me feel sick. I do still want him back, but I'm not telling him that. Should I keep doing what we're doing, in hopes he'll want me back?Do you think there's a chance he does want me back a little? I think about him none stop.Any advice is appreciated Thank you x
Vapordave
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Why did you break up in the first place?
A1S2H3
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Daveological)
Why did you break up in the first place?
A lot of reasons, probably too many to write down. But he’d previously been unfaithful so there was a lot of trust issues on my part, and he was a compulsive liar etc. It was quite toxic. But we did love each other and the good always outweighed the bad.
Vapordave
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by A1S2H3)
A lot of reasons, probably too many to write down. But he’d previously been unfaithful so there was a lot of trust issues on my part, and he was a compulsive liar etc. It was quite toxic. But we did love each other and the good always outweighed the bad.
I'm sorry but with things ending like that the relationship will probably break down again so I suggest stay FWBs until you want to get into another relationship.
Edit: I read it again, and it seems remaining intimate will cause further issues down the line jealousy-wise so consider breaking things off calmly. He's going to be in your life forever so it's important to keep things amicable.
Last edited by Vapordave; 1 year ago
5hyl33n
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Think about your son more. This is probably affecting him more than anyone.

If you do want to get back together, think carefully and be completely sure of your decision.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

When did you submit your Ucas application if you applied to go to university this year?

September 2021 (4)
6.15%
October 2021 (38)
58.46%
November 2021 (8)
12.31%
December 2021 (6)
9.23%
January 2021 (5)
7.69%
I still haven't submitted it yet! (2)
3.08%