Toidan
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi everyone. I'm considering applying to a psychology course, yet I have some doubts. Though I do read quite a lot on this subject, especially Freud, Lacan, a bit of Zimbardo, my science classes are very limited as I'm on history-literature profile. For this reason my knowledge in biology and chemistry is very small and incomplete and my question is: would this be a big issue when studying psychology? I do realize there are many branches of this discipline, but I might have problems with the biological one.
Last edited by Toidan; 8 months ago
Rxma
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I have studied psychology at A level and my sister and my close friend studied it at Degree level. A relatively large part of Biopsychology which is all about the brain regions and the nervous system and endocrine system etc.
I think from what I learnt and from helping my sister and my friend revise for exams etc. The content isn’t as difficult to learn because it’s really interesting.
Sometimes topics are hard to learn because they’re so boring but Biopsychology is far from boring. It takes a bit of time but if you really revise you can do it.
Don’t let something as small as that hold you back because you can overcome it
Psychsie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
You don’t need to study psychology or any other science to pursue a degree in psychology, although it does help as it reduces the entry requirements in a lot of unis. The first year of a psychology degree is basically designed to get everyone on the same level. I took psych and bio at a level and everything that was covered in first year was covered at A level so it will prep you for the final two years where it counts! if it’s the subject you want to do and you really enjoy it, you should go for it. Many psych students that I know didn’t take chemistry and biology at a level. Don’t let that stop you. Also, your subjects bring their own skill set to the degree, it’s a heavy essay-based subject so it’s really useful to have essay-based a levels
Last edited by Psychsie; 8 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (323)
56.08%
I don't have everything I need (253)
43.92%

Watched Threads