Worried that my phone might be hacked.

Watch
ashleycrowley2
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
As I was on my phone one day a big glitching reddish blackish and purple dot appeared on the bottom right hand corner on my phone screen and I’m really worried that it might be hacked and I was wondering if anyone else has had that same glitching dot appear on their phone screen too and also what does it mean?
JohnMiller711
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by ashleycrowley2)
As I was on my phone one day a big glitching reddish blackish and purple dot appeared on the bottom right hand corner on my phone screen and I’m really worried that it might be hacked and I was wondering if anyone else has had that same glitching dot appear on their phone screen too and also what does it mean?
ik what this is, its probably skynet
jk jk, its either screen damage, if it never goes away then back up data and factory reset and hopefully it solves the issue, try to increase privacy measures and learn about the risks that email and facebook services have on your privacy
i wish you luck in your fix
take care
also what phone have you got
JohnMiller711
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
i mean there have been countless apps with malware on the play store so i wouldnt say the play store is 100% let alone all of the contact snatchers meta data location tracking excessive meta data collection
if u like most apps on your phone spy so technically they are malware its just different cause u click ok or i agree
JohnMiller711
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
i recommend using f droid if u ever need apps, like oh want a qr scanner on android 99% of play store ones are legal malware so use f droid for most apps u want even for maps
Heads up f droid is only for android
Greywolf.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
If it’s any consolation I was once playing on my ps vita once when I was younger and a black screen appeared once with a laughing skull and crossbones, it then shut down and reset. To this very day I have no clue what it was but it had been hacked I knew that much
JohnMiller711
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
yh of course, check with a anti virus, but if it really is an os level malware chances are the anti virus wont detect it
Go to more techy people on lets say reddit and take a screenshot they should help a lot
If the screenshot doesn't pick it up, its probs an issue with your screen
JohnMiller711
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Greywolftwo)
If it’s any consolation I was once playing on my ps vita once when I was younger and a black screen appeared once with a laughing skull and crossbones, it then shut down and reset. To this very day I have no clue what it was but it had been hacked I knew that much
lmao not gonna lie thats a pretty neet malware but im assuming since its not got any real useful data apart from the mic and cam
Thats one big brain troll
Greywolf.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by JohnMiller711)
lmao not gonna lie thats a pretty neet malware but im assuming since its not got any real useful data apart from the mic and cam
Thats one big brain troll
I don’t know where I got it from either. I hadn’t plugged it in to any external source apart from the charger
JohnMiller711
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Greywolftwo)
I don’t know where I got it from either. I hadn’t plugged it in to any external source apart from the charger
damn idk, it may have came in the form of an OS mod, maybe going into a game or app update that's possible especially in the devices baby steps and new years its only in the past year maybe two, that Sony cracked down on mods cracks and hacks since there is a mod that gives u access to any PS vita release, its like the PS store but u just click on text and yes, there is literally everything released, but the latest patch stopped people from doing that which is a pain for the piracy community but of course the hackers and modders are always one step ahead so Sony always releases an update mod breaks wait a little while and u got ur mod working again lmao
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
It means you've more than likely got a dead couple of pixels.
polonaj
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I think that every phone may be hacked...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (68)
17.94%
No one else does (120)
31.66%
I'm embarrassed about my background (41)
10.82%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (128)
33.77%
We don't use a video platform (6)
1.58%
I don't have a camera (9)
2.37%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
1.85%

Watched Threads