sabrina_a04
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i’m thinking about doing alevel business but i’ve never done it at gcse before so should i learn some of the gcse content for business?
ALikesGeetars
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey there, I did A Level Business and I LOVED every second of it. I did it GCSE as well, and I will say that the jump between GCSE and A Level was a big one especially in Business.

In terms of content, A Level Business can be categorised in:
Marketing
Operations
Finance
HR

Marketing looks at how a business is able to advertise and sell it's products within a market. It also looks at external factors such as competition and economic factors and more (PESTLE-C).

Operations, which I loved, really looked at the more operational side of things and looked at how businesses are able to be flexible when it comes to meeting customer demands.

Finance, all I can say about Finance is that it is just maths... Horrible horrible maths... And to any fellow Business students, you will not enjoy CPA... Be warned...

HR looks at the employee side of things from labour turnover and retention to the organisational structure of a Business and how managers are able to delegate and give authority to subordinates

Of course there is so much more than what I mentioned above, but I would recommend that over the holidays to start reading some A Level textbooks or find some online E books to see whether it suits you! If you have any more questions feel free to ask
AnnabelL14
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by sabrina_a04)
i’m thinking about doing alevel business but i’ve never done it at gcse before so should i learn some of the gcse content for business?
I'm doing A-level business and I didn't do it at GCSE. My teachers said in a way that is better as those who did it at GCSE tend to not do as well - due to the fact that the A-Level builds on things they learned and it may confused some students due to their prior knowledge!
I didn't learn any of the previous GCSE knowledge but my school did set us a couple of tasks over the summer so you could if you wanted to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (59)
21.77%
Excited but a bit nervous (124)
45.76%
Not bothered either way (35)
12.92%
I'm really nervous (53)
19.56%

Watched Threads