The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Goldsmiths MFA, Edinburgh College of Art MFA or Glasgow School of art Mlitt

Hi everyone

I have applied to Goldsmiths MFA Fine Art, GSA MFA, RCA MA in Painting and Edinburgh college of art...

I received an offer for the MFA at Goldsmiths and the one at ECA, while Glasgow and the Royal College sent me alternative offers: RCA offered a place for a Graduate Diploma which I will definitely decline because of costs (even though RCA was probably my top choice), while GSA offered me a place in their Painting Mlitt.

I am quite torn between my choices, and I really cannot figure out which one is best at an academic level as all schools have mixed reviews or unspecific to these programmes.

I am definitely leaning towards Goldsmiths mostly because it is 2 ys long, it seems to have a great theoretical basis, London seems to offer more career prospects and the course is more interdisciplinary (even though I am mainly a painter). cons are that I would have to resit my IELTS because of a bad writing test but mostly its reputation for being a bit too "loose" and "artsy" worries me a lot (I am currently at a Fine Arts Academy in Italy and am really looking for a slightly less messy environment), even though I read that postgraduate programmes are way more serious and better than BFAs.

What would you recommend?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending