RandomHumanBeing
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi, I'm currently in year 11 and want to pursue a career in Law or business, ideally corporate law. I've chosen A-level English Literature (Aqa), Economics (Edexc) and Classical Civilisation (OCR). I aspire to get into a Russell Group Uni, (Cambridge would be a dream), but would they see my subjects as being rigorous enough?
casabonita
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
there's no specific requirements for law - they usually recommend an essay subject which you have, so you'd be fine if you changed ur mind and wanted to going into business/economics instead, maybe consider adding maths ?
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by RandomHumanBeing)
Hi, I'm currently in year 11 and want to pursue a career in Law or business, ideally corporate law. I've chosen A-level English Literature (Aqa), Economics (Edexc) and Classical Civilisation (OCR). I aspire to get into a Russell Group Uni, (Cambridge would be a dream), but would they see my subjects as being rigorous enough?
Your subjects are fine for Russell group or any uni but what degree do you want to do because getting a career in law or business just requires any degree.
RandomHumanBeing
Rep:
?
(Original post by PetitePanda)
Your subjects are fine for Russell group or any uni but what degree do you want to do because getting a career in law or business just requires any degree.
A law/jurisprudence degree, or a business management degree. I'm aware that there are Law with business degrees, and that for law, you could do something like Human, social and political sciences and become a lawyer.
RandomHumanBeing
Rep:
?
(Original post by casabonita)
there's no specific requirements for law - they usually recommend an essay subject which you have, so you'd be fine if you changed ur mind and wanted to going into business/economics instead, maybe consider adding maths ?
Okay, thank you!
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
A law/jurisprudence degree, or a business management degree. I'm aware that there are Law with business degrees, and that for law, you could do something like Human, social and political sciences and become a lawyer.
Only Oxford does a jurisprudence degree and you cant apply there if you want to go to do law at cambridge. You can go into law with an engineering degree tbh as long as you do a conversion (for barrister) and you dont need to do a conversion (thanks to SQE for solicitor)
legallyroyal63
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Your subject choices are fine for applying for a law degree. Just remember that most law with business degrees aren't officially recognised by bodies for solicitors and barristers so just check that they are qualifying law degrees. Good luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (50)
37.31%
No (70)
52.24%
I don't know (14)
10.45%

Watched Threads