ehfos
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
help I can't think of a title for my NEA in the next few months, I want to do something involving regeneration, change in infrastructure or development within London, preferably near Victoria Station or Victoria Station itself. Any help on what to title it and more ideas will be great!
Becca216
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi, I am assuming you are doing this at A-level. I am also currently in Y12 and I do OCR Geography.

As for your title are you planning to compare the place to before and after the regeneration, if so you could do 'Investigating the impacts of regeneration on x place' - you could go into the social, economic and environmental impacts of the regeneration.

I'm from up North and don't really know the different areas of London so I can't really help you with what areas in London are best to do for this topic - sorry
ehfos
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
ah thank you!
JOSH4598
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Think you've already received an answer, but what I would say is to chose a location relatively near you. That's one big piece of advice my Geography teacher gave my class. Pick somewhere which you can easily travel to if necessary (as you may wish to collect data several times on different days/times) and you can also bolster your analysis with local knowledge. One person in my class chose to study a certain stretch of coastline over 200 miles away, and nearly missed the deadline as they only managed to arrange transport there a few weeks before the NEA was due in! Regeneration is a good topic to base the NEA on as generally every nearby town has been regenerated at some point - if you live in or around London then you have a wealth of possible locations to use!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (57)
14.84%
I'm not sure (14)
3.65%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (130)
33.85%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.56%
I'm not a current university student (177)
46.09%

Watched Threads