N478
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
If I do health and social level 3 extended diploma then does that mean I don’t have to do anymore A levels and is it the equivalent to 3 A levels
taranmistry
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
it counts as 1 A-Level then u could pick up another subject like btec business which counts as 2 A-Levels, however that is depending on Ur school, if I was you I would email your careers person in your school
N478
Rep:
?
(Original post by taranmistry)
it counts as 1 A-Level then u could pick up another subject like btec business which counts as 2 A-Levels, however that is depending on Ur school, if I was you I would email your careers person in your school
Ok thank you ☺️
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by taranmistry)
It does not.

An extended diploma is equivalent to three a-levels. A national diploma is equivalent to one.
taranmistry
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Hazelly)
It does not.

An extended diploma is equivalent to three a-levels. A national diploma is equivalent to one.
oh yeah sorry I forgot
N478
Rep:
?
It does not.

So I want to do midwifery so if I do an extended diploma in health and social does that mean I don’t need to do any other subjects?
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by N478)
So I want to do midwifery so if I do an extended diploma in health and social does that mean I don’t need to do any other subjects?
As long as you have passed your GCSEs, yes.
N478
Rep:
?
As long as you have passed your GCSEs, yes.
So can you check the uni website for me and just check it’s Sheffield Hallam
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by N478)
So can you check the uni website for me and just check it’s Sheffield Hallam
Can you not?
N478
Rep:
?
Can you not?
Yes I’ve checked it but I’m in year 10 I don’t really understand btec fully and you’ve helped me with if you don’t want to it’s totally fine but I’d appreciate it
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by N478)
Yes I’ve checked it but I’m in year 10 I don’t really understand btec fully and you’ve helped me with if you don’t want to it’s totally fine but I’d appreciate it
I'll have a look.
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
" 5. Entry requirements
All students
Additional information for EU/International students
UCAS points
From A levels including at least 40 points from a natural science (such as Biology, Chemistry or Physics) or Social Science (Psychology or Sociology) or equivalent BTEC National qualifications (including suitable natural or social science modules). We do not accept AS Levels or general studies. For example:

ABB at A Level including relevant subject(s).
DDM in BTEC Extended Diploma from a relevant subject(s).
You can find information on making sense of UCAS tariff points here and use the UCAS tariff calculator to work out your points.

GCSE
English Language or Literature at grade C or 4 or equivalents*
Maths at grade C or 4 or equivalents*
Science at grade C or 4 or equivalents*
*GCSE Maths equivalents

• maths equivalency test from www.equivalencytesting.co.uk

*GCSE English equivalents

• english equivalency test from www.equivalencytesting.co.uk

*GCSE Science equivalents

• OCR Science Level 2

• science units gained on a Level 3 BTEC or OCR National Diploma or Extended Diploma Qualification

• science credits gained on Access to Higher Education Diplomas (at least 12 credits gained at level 2 or 6 credits gained at level 3)

• science equivalency test from www.equivalencytesting.co.uk

• Approved Access to HE Diploma in health studies, health science, nursing or another science-based course. Normally we require 15 of the level 3 credits to be graded at distinction level with 12 of these distinctions from science or social science units.

• FdSc Professional Practice in Health & Social Care - If you are in the process of completing or have successfully completed the above programme at one of our partner colleges (Sheffield College, Barnsley College, Chesterfield College, North Lindsey College, Dearne Valley College, Manchester College, Stockport College and Doncaster College) and are looking to progress your career as a registered professional within the Health & Social Care sector, we would welcome an application from you via UCAS to start in year 1.

• other equivalent qualifications are considered individually, and include previous degrees that are grade 2.2 or above.

IELTS

If English is not your first language, you will need an IELTS score of 7.0 with a minimum of 7.0 in all skills, or a recognised equivalent. If your level of English language is currently below IELTS 7.0 we recommend you consider an appropriate Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve the required level of English. "

Yes, Health and Social Care is accepted.
N478
Rep:
?
" 5. Entry requirements
All students
Additional information for EU/International students
UCAS points
From A levels including at least 40 points from a natural science (such as Biology, Chemistry or Physics) or Social Science (Psychology or Sociology) or equivalent BTEC National qualifications (including suitable natural or social science modules). We do not accept AS Levels or general studies. For example:

ABB at A Level including relevant subject(s).
DDM in BTEC Extended Diploma from a relevant subject(s).
You can find information on making sense of UCAS tariff points here and use the UCAS tariff calculator to work out your points.

GCSE
English Language or Literature at grade C or 4 or equivalents*
Maths at grade C or 4 or equivalents*
Science at grade C or 4 or equivalents*
*GCSE Maths equivalents

• maths equivalency test from www.equivalencytesting.co.uk

*GCSE English equivalents

• english equivalency test from www.equivalencytesting.co.uk

*GCSE Science equivalents

• OCR Science Level 2

• science units gained on a Level 3 BTEC or OCR National Diploma or Extended Diploma Qualification

• science credits gained on Access to Higher Education Diplomas (at least 12 credits gained at level 2 or 6 credits gained at level 3)

• science equivalency test from www.equivalencytesting.co.uk

• Approved Access to HE Diploma in health studies, health science, nursing or another science-based course. Normally we require 15 of the level 3 credits to be graded at distinction level with 12 of these distinctions from science or social science units.

• FdSc Professional Practice in Health & Social Care - If you are in the process of completing or have successfully completed the above programme at one of our partner colleges (Sheffield College, Barnsley College, Chesterfield College, North Lindsey College, Dearne Valley College, Manchester College, Stockport College and Doncaster College) and are looking to progress your career as a registered professional within the Health & Social Care sector, we would welcome an application from you via UCAS to start in year 1.

• other equivalent qualifications are considered individually, and include previous degrees that are grade 2.2 or above.

IELTS

If English is not your first language, you will need an IELTS score of 7.0 with a minimum of 7.0 in all skills, or a recognised equivalent. If your level of English language is currently below IELTS 7.0 we recommend you consider an appropriate Sheffield Hallam University Pre-sessional English course which will enable you to achieve the required level of English. "

Yes, Health and Social Care is accepted.
Omg thank you so much ❤️🙏😊
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by N478)
Omg thank you so much ❤️🙏😊
No problem, it’s on their website for future references. Or have a look on UCAS
N478
Rep:
?
No problem, it’s on their website for future references. Or have a look on UCAS
You’ve been such a lifesaver honestly 🙏😊
Thecrazydoughnut
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by N478)
If I do health and social level 3 extended diploma then does that mean I don’t have to do anymore A levels and is it the equivalent to 3 A levels
Hey yes it does equate to 3 A Levels. hence why the assignments and exams are hard. You will be able to progress on to uni as I’m currently in uni having completed the HSC course. 😊.
N478
Rep:
?
(Original post by Thecrazydoughnut)
Hey yes it does equate to 3 A Levels. hence why the assignments and exams are hard. You will be able to progress on to uni as I’m currently in uni having completed the HSC course. 😊.
Thank you what course are u doing I hope to do midwifery.😊
Thecrazydoughnut
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by N478)
Thank you what course are u doing I hope to do midwifery.😊
You’re welcome.

Adult Nursing.
N478
Rep:
?
(Original post by Thecrazydoughnut)
You’re welcome.

Adult Nursing.
I was stuck between adult nursing and midwifery 😊
Thecrazydoughnut
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by N478)
I was stuck between adult nursing and midwifery 😊
It ultimately depends on what one you want to get into long term. Adult nursing is obviously more targeted towards focusing upon the elderly though no limitation and midwifery obviously pregnant woman.

Hope that helps. 😊
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (195)
29.77%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (109)
16.64%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.85%
I want to meet current students (55)
8.4%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.79%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.54%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.8%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.21%

Watched Threads