Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I’m currently in year 12 and looking to study medical genetics in Swansea university in years to come.

Wondering what the experience is like and whether a level chemistry is important and necessary for it, as I don’t do a level chemistry just a level biology, maths and history.
kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m currently in year 12 and looking to study medical genetics in Swansea university in years to come.

Wondering what the experience is like and whether a level chemistry is important and necessary for it, as I don’t do a level chemistry just a level biology, maths and history.
From their website you are required Biology and at least one other science (Chemistry is preferred). Maths is often considered as a science, it's worth emailing them to get clarification from one of the admission tutors. The course does have a lot of chemistry, so having a chemistry A-level is advantageous.

In terms of experience, I did Maths at Swansea Uni. Its a fun uni, with a huge diversity of students (in terms of where students are from as well as their personality and traits). For many of their departments, they listen a lot to student feedback and improve the course for the upcoming years. I loved the staff and most were really friendly and welcoming to talk to.
Last edited by kkboyk; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (32)
5.55%
Uncertainty around my education (67)
11.61%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.44%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
13%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (33)
5.72%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (30)
5.2%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (61)
10.57%
Financial worries (37)
6.41%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (23)
3.99%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
5.89%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.6%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (57)
9.88%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (47)
8.15%

Watched Threads