The Student Room Group

People with disordered eating

As a girl with disordered eating I’m scared of eating ie rice and pasta. Those aren’t the most calorific foods but for some reasons I’m not scared of eating sugary things coz they’re worth eating. Weird.
Isolated Phobia? What happens if you eat it?
Don't worry. :smile:
I don't like rice or pasta either.
Just drink plenty of water, have some fresh fruit & veg every day and try to eat a balanced diet.
As long as you eat reasonable portion sizes and do lots of exercise you won't get fat.

I am the same weight that I was as a 13 year old, under 7 stone.
I home-cook almost all my meals from scratch and can have the occasional takeaway a couple of times a month.
I like cocktails, coca cola and cherryade.
Enjoy eating beef, chocolate, smoky chicken sausages, pizza, spicy foods and vegan ice cream.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Isolated Phobia? What happens if you eat it?

Guilt but I can’t get myself to eat it. I’ll have some type of mental breakdown
Reply 4
:hi:

I have disordered eating too.
Reply 5
Original post by Lostx
:hi:

I have disordered eating too.

How’s yours like? Are you scared of some foods too?
I used to refuse to eat an apple unless it was cut up into pieces out of fear of pips. Though it was before I went to junior school.
Reply 7
How’s yours like? Are you scared of some foods too?

I avoid fattening foods for the most part but eat them occasionally. I binge on unhealthy food. I used to make myself sick after this but have stopped that now.
Reply 8
Do you see a dietitian?
Reply 9
Original post by Lostx
I avoid fattening foods for the most part but eat them occasionally. I binge on unhealthy food. I used to make myself sick after this but have stopped that now.

I don’t see a dietitian no. I used to starve myself but I stopped that too. Umm I’m not really a binger because I do allow myself to eat those foods occasionally but when I do I have sugary foods like chocolate spread coz I don’t allow myself to have that. I used to be strict on myself but I stopped idk why
Reply 10
I don’t see a dietitian no. I used to starve myself but I stopped that too. Umm I’m not really a binger because I do allow myself to eat those foods occasionally but when I do I have sugary foods like chocolate spread coz I don’t allow myself to have that. I used to be strict on myself but I stopped idk why

What is actually the difference between disordered eating and an eating disorder?
Original post by Lostx
What is actually the difference between disordered eating and an eating disorder?

Ek ma gaan chuseh.. ne bija ma khavanu boh badhu khai! i.e. 2nd is a psychiatric condition.. first is an anomaly of food preferences.
Original post by Lostx

To have an eating disorder you have to tick certain boxes ie wanting to be below the bmi you should be, being scared of becoming fat or gaining weight etcc

Quick Reply

Latest