The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Anyone got an offer from UCL already?
I only applied to ICL and UCL, I know they're soooo slow at giving out offers. I got an offer of Mech eng last year from UCL, but I'm a private candidate without CAG so following their policy I will get the same offer this application cycle. I have submitted my application two weeks ago but nothing else except acknowledgement email.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone got an offer from UCL already?
I only applied to ICL and UCL, I know they're soooo slow at giving out offers. I got an offer of Mech eng last year from UCL, but I'm a private candidate without CAG so following their policy I will get the same offer this application cycle. I have submitted my application two weeks ago but nothing else except acknowledgement email.

Why did you choose to apply again a year later if you would get the same offer? And when did you get the offer last year? Expect the same time or later. Isn't UCL known to give offers later due to the huge volume of applicants?
Original post by dlwlrma_
Why did you choose to apply again a year later if you would get the same offer? And when did you get the offer last year? Expect the same time or later. Isn't UCL known to give offers later due to the huge volume of applicants?

Hi, maybe I didn't express it clearly. :smile:I want to study Mech eng in UCL. I was excited to receive the offer last year. However, due to lack of CAG I wouldn't get in. I decided to reapply, so getting the same offer is a good thing for me as that's what I want. I'm just anxious and want to now if they start to send out offers.
1. What course are you applying for? Mathematics with Modern Languages
2. What subjects are doing currently and what are your predicted grades for them? Maths (A* achieved in Y12), Further Maths (A* achieved), French (A* achieved), Chemistry (A achieved, redoing in October, A* predicted)
3. What were your GCSE grades? 999999888655a
4. What other universities are thinking of applying to? St Andrews, Durham and UCL
5. What extra curricular activities do you do? SMC Gold, BMO Distinction, extra STEP classes, MOOCs, ran a Statistics seminar, AMSP classes, live lecture program, problem-solving course, online summer school, books, creating Maths questions of my own, written projects, extra FM modules etc
I have applied to the BASc course at UCL. Any idea what format is the admission assessment?

Also, are students required to state their name and UCAS ID on each page of any document that has to be submitted or just on the first page of the document?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by GCSE2019help
anyone here applying for physics. applied on the 14th and havent heard anything other than acknowledgement emails.

same I applied for physics on 9th and haven't heard anything
1. Management Science
2. Maths: A, Economics: A, DT: A, Additional Maths: B
3. 6A*, 2A, 2B
4. LSE, Bristol, Warwick and Durham
5. um...

Can someone let me know if they received an additional personal statement for UCL (any course from the engineering department) and let me know what date you applied and received the additional ps?
Hey i'm also applying to UCL
1. Urban Planning and Real Estate
2. A*, A, A - English, Economics, and Theology
3. 8877766B5
4. UCL, Queen mary (Belfast), Liverpool, Manchester, Reading[post="91707714"]save[/post]
5. i do too many extra cirrcular to list lmao

Im hoping to submit my personal statement on 5th november
Heya, I'm a Y13 applying to UCL soon too : )
1. Mathematics (BSc)
2. Maths (A*) Further Maths (A*) Physics (A*) German (A)
3. 99999888877
4. Imperial, KCL, Queen Mary
5. piano and guitar (self taught), im a subject prefect for german, did an educational trip to Nepal last year with GlobalAction
thats about it really
Hi, I applied about 2 weeks ago from Ireland (:
1. Pharmacology
2. Leaving Cert: Biology H1, Chemistry H1, Physics H1, Irish H1, English H1, French H1, Maths H2 I think like (A*A*A*)
3. Junior Cert: AAAAABBBB Merit (A highest grade)
4. Imperial, KCL, Edinburgh, Oxford
5. Piano, MUN, courses, prefect, further reading etc.

Honestly don't know if I'll get in but ah sure may as well try, good luck everyone!
Original post by Ferrari08
Hey it’s fine cos ur grades r solid aff. I’m waiting till dec17th to apply with my actual maths grade. I’m probably gonna apply to Bristol durham notts birm and ucl. I got durham for econ last time but missed it. Hopefully I should get it again would be nice. Would you firm ucl over durham and Bristol if you happen to get these 3.

Omg I also got Durham for econ and management last year. However, I decided to take a gap year so after results day I forfeited my place. I want to stay in London so I would firm UCL over durham and bristol.
1. Management Science
2. Maths: A, Economics: A, DT: A, Additional Maths: B
3. 6A*, 2A, 2B
4. LSE, Bristol, Warwick and Durham
5. um...

Can someone let me know if they received an additional personal statement for UCL (any course from the engineering department) and let me know what date you applied and received the additional ps?

Hey, just noticed we're applying to the same universities. Good luck with your application
Original post by J.swift
Omg I also got Durham for econ and management last year. However, I decided to take a gap year so after results day I forfeited my place. I want to stay in London so I would firm UCL over durham and bristol.

Yh defo ucl over durham and bristol any day, plus u have the grades so a huge advantage. I have to wait till dec 17th (autumn resultss day) to pay and send. I did maths btw. How r u spending ur gap year, i honestly feel so useless. Been applying for jobs but so hard to get one.
Yh defo ucl over durham and bristol any day, plus u have the grades so a huge advantage. I have to wait till dec 17th (autumn resultss day) to pay and send. I did maths btw. How r u spending ur gap year, i honestly feel so useless. Been applying for jobs but so hard to get one.

Good luck for your results! A level maths was not a great experience for me lol. I'm currently working a part-time job which I got during lockdown since its a key worker role. I honestly had so many plans but there is so little you can do with covid around so if I'm not working, I'm at home doing nothing
I'm applying for the same.. All the best with your application!

Have either of you received the additional personal statement yet? If so when and when did you apply?
Original post by J.swift

You’re doing ManSci? Have you received the additional ps yet? If so when and when did you apply?
Anyone applying to Management Science or an engineering course which has the additional personal statement/questionnaire?

Have you received the additional ps yet? If so when and when did you apply?
Original post by J.swift
Good luck for your results! A level maths was not a great experience for me lol. I'm currently working a part-time job which I got during lockdown since its a key worker role. I honestly had so many plans but there is so little you can do with covid around so if I'm not working, I'm at home doing nothing

That’s really good at least you have a job. I’ve applied everywhere and hopefully I get one in the next 2 weeks or so. Thank you it was honestly quite difficult revising after 6 months of doing nothing but it worked out in the end. I feel so useless and yh covids screwed everything.
You’re doing ManSci? Have you received the additional ps yet? If so when and when did you apply?

No, I'm doing econ and business with ees. I was just saying we applied to the same universities, but for different courses
That’s really good at least you have a job. I’ve applied everywhere and hopefully I get one in the next 2 weeks or so. Thank you it was honestly quite difficult revising after 6 months of doing nothing but it worked out in the end. I feel so useless and yh covids screwed everything.

Good luck with finding a job! Hopefully the rest of our gap year turns out better lol

Latest

Trending

Trending