Junalena
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi, I’m in year 12 and I’m thinking of taking a gap year after year 13. I want to pursue medicine but I know I won’t get any offers next year if I apply, as I can’t volunteer and my predicted grades are ACC. I don’t know how gap years work, should I do my BMAT and UKCAT this year and next year? Or should I do it next year? What do I do? Please can someone advise me? I would really appreciate it.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Junalena)
Hi, I’m in year 12 and I’m thinking of taking a gap year after year 13. I want to pursue medicine but I know I won’t get any offers next year if I apply, as I can’t volunteer and my predicted grades are ACC. I don’t know how gap years work, should I do my BMAT and UKCAT this year and next year? Or should I do it next year? What do I do? Please can someone advise me? I would really appreciate it.
It’s your choice.

If you want to try applying with your predictions (and maybe trying clearing) then apply in y13 and take the ucat etc then. You can then reapply (and resit the ucat) in sept 2021 if you don’t find a space but with more experience of how ucas etc works.
pineapple201
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Junalena)
I'm in the same position as you and I'm also thinking of doing the same thing. I was thinking of applying this year, but I'm pretty sure that I'm going to be rejected. I'm planning to take a gap year like you as I don't like the idea of having no offers from any universities.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (53)
17.61%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (83)
27.57%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (115)
38.21%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (40)
13.29%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (10)
3.32%

Watched Threads