Are any unis taking students later on based Autumn exam results?

Watch
tom8085
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Since exams were cancelled a lot of people are going to be feeling like they were robbed of the opportunity to get the grades they deserve and of their university place. So, people who didn’t get what they think they could are going to be taking exams in Autumn. But, is there any point in doing them in Autumn instead of next Summer? I mean, either way you have to wait a year, unless unis will be taking first year 2019-2020 students based on the Autumn results. I was wondering if there had been any talk of unis doing this - a sort of staggered start where they take some students in September based on their predicted grades and another smaller group in Winter after the Autumn exams? This wouldn’t be too crazy considering uni might be online only in Autumn so students that have to wait until Winter wouldn’t be missing as much. Have any unis said they might do this?
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
The seasons aren't proper nouns, so why are they capitalised in your post? What?
tom8085
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tolgarda)
The seasons aren't proper nouns, so why are they capitalised in your post? What?
Can’t believe I’ve gone through 17 years of life without knowing that lol. The months are proper nouns, so I just assumed the seasons were too. Thanks for the heads up. Better to make the mistake here than in an important email.
Last edited by tom8085; 6 months ago
Tolgash
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by tom8085)
Can’t believe I’ve gone through 17 years of life without knowing that lol. The months are proper nouns, so I just assumed the seasons were too. Thanks for the heads up. Better to make the mistake here than in an important email.
Haha. It's no problem, my friend! I'm glad you didn't take it the wrong way.

Anyway, I've heard that UCL won't be accepting the grades from the autumn exams.
Last edited by Tolgash; 6 months ago
tom8085
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tolgarda)
Haha. It's no problem, my friend! I'm glad you didn't take it the wrong way.

Anyway, I've heard that UCL won't be accepting the grades from the autumn exams.
Tbh I think most unis probably won’t be accepting them
Aqeel18:818
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
looking on there website, UCL have stated that the exams in autumn would not be considered ‘resits’ and would therefore we a viable option for candidates who feel that they need to take those exams.
Last edited by Aqeel18:818; 5 months ago
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I've heard that no uni will count them as resits (because they aren't).

Some unis have courses starting in January so they could help with those. And other unis are being encouraged to offer students a deferred place for 2021 where possible, conditional upon them achieving the grades of their original offer in the October exams.

Not saying every uni will do this for every course, sadly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (70)
27.13%
No - I have already returned home (29)
11.24%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (54)
20.93%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (28)
10.85%
No - I live at home during term anyway (77)
29.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed