The Student Room Group

Are any unis taking students later on based on Autumn results?

Since exams were cancelled a lot of people are going to be feeling like they were robbed of the opportunity to get the grades they deserve and of their university place. So, people who didn’t get what they think they could are going to be taking A Level exams in Autumn. But, is there any point in doing them in Autumn instead of next Summer? I mean, either way you have to wait a year, unless unis will be taking first year 2019-2020 students based on the Autumn results. I was wondering if there had been any talk of unis doing this - a sort of staggered start where they take some students in September based on their predicted grades and another smaller group in Winter after the Autumn exams? This wouldn’t be too crazy considering uni might be online only in Autumn so students that have to wait until Winter wouldn’t be missing as much. Have any unis said they might do this?
Reply 1
Idk man im depressed imma just revise for it
Reply 2
I think some unis may postpone start of terms, as an alternative to initial online teaching providing there is some relatively definitive date where uni can start back up. Pretty sure I saw on Exeter's insta story yesterday something related to this.

If not, don't worry. You haven't got your calculated grade yet and it may work out all fine, but if it doesn't starting next september may not be such a bad option in terms of disruption while you are at uni. Given my final year has lost an entire term from corona, along with 6 out of 18 teaching weeks that were cancelled because of strikes - disruption is awful especially when money is involved.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending