The Student Room Group

My flat mate has fallen out with me

So our flat mate works for the NHS and when she came in she was grumpy so as a joke we put one of those old fashioned alarm clocks in her room once she fell asleep and set it for two hours later. When she woke up she was fuming and a week later she still isn't talking to us.

Is she over reacting? it was just a joke?
What you did wasn’t very nice. I would be fuming if that happened to me. It might be best if you apologised.
Pretty mean 'joke', especially in current circumstances.
Original post by Anonymous
What you did wasn’t very nice. I would be fuming if that happened to me. It might be best if you apologised.

It's just an alarm clock prank...
With whats going on at the moment in the NHS you should be doing everything you can to help your flatmate not playing silly pranks when they are trying to get some well deserved sleep.
Original post by SilenceOfTheLamb
So our flat mate works for the NHS and when she came in she was grumpy so as a joke we put one of those old fashioned alarm clocks in her room once she fell asleep and set it for two hours later. When she woke up she was fuming and a week later she still isn't talking to us.

I'm surprised that you didn't put a turd under her bed.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
What did you do doing the coronavirus pandemic?

Flatmate: Worked for the NHS and would come home from a shift feeling tired and stressed.

OP and others: Thought it would be funny to stop an NHS worker getting sleep...

It's not funny and could be dangerous. What if your flatmate is having to drive when she's tired or makes a mistake at work because she can't concentrate?

I suggest you and all those involved in this stupid prank make sure your flatmate doesn't have to lift a finger for at least the next 3 weeks; a card saying sorry, a bunch of flowers and cook, clean and shop.for her by way of an apology.
Original post by Surnia
I suggest you and all those involved in this stupid prank make sure your flatmate doesn't have to lift a finger for at least the next 3 weeks; a card saying sorry, a bunch of flowers and cook, clean and shop.for her by way of an apology.

You're a nicer person than me, I was going to suggest they draw straws to see who eats the clock.
Original post by StriderHort
You're a nicer person than me, I was going to suggest they draw straws to see who eats the clock.

Even better if the OP had sh1t under her bed. He has admitted in the past to public defecation as a "joke"...
Original post by ageshallnot
Even better if the OP had sh1t under her bed. He has admitted in the past to public defecation as a "joke"...

..Eat the clock, turd, whatever. Mere details :tongue:
Reply 10
It's just an alarm clock prank...

If you’d disturbed my sleep you’d have a broken nose.
I find this hard to believe that this is a real post
But if it is OP you are extremely deluded, that fact that you come on TSR trying to justify your actions already show, you not only know what you did wrong (the stupid prank), and you know what needs to be done (apologising to her).

She is working extremely stressful hours, she sees death on a daily basis,when she comes back home she wants to rest, not have a crappy prank played on her which will not only disturb her sleep, but probably impact her in the next shift she works.

You and the mates who pulled that prank and are well aware of what is going on and how badly the NHS are impacted are truly crappy people
Stop making up stories for attention.
Reply 13

:hubba: Made me think of the crocodile in Peter Pan! At least the flatmate would know when a prankster was approaching. Tick tock.....
Original post by Surnia
:hubba: Made me think of the crocodile in Peter Pan! At least the flatmate would know when a prankster was approaching. Tick tock.....

"Tick...tock....tick...tock *drrrdrrrdrr* ohsht ohsht ohsht *DRRDRRDRR* It'sgotmycolon!ITS GOT MY COLON!!AARGRHRG!"

Would have made for a slightly different Disney Tale :tongue:
Original post by YaliaV
Stop making up stories for attention.

That comment could probably be applied to all of the OP's threads apart from those about exercise.
Reply 16
"Tick...tock....tick...tock *drrrdrrrdrr* ohsht ohsht ohsht *DRRDRRDRR* It'sgotmycolon!ITS GOT MY COLON!!AARGRHRG!"

Would have made for a slightly different Disney Tale :tongue:

And when the clock battery starts eating through the gut, the OP is operated on by an NHS surgeon who is suffering from sleep deprivation... That won't be a fairytale ending!
Reply 17

You sound like a **** if this is a true story!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending