The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

Cardiff University

I am starting at Cardiff in September studying criminology and sociology
I have applied for Talybont Court and was wondering if anyone else has stayed there and can tell me what it is like?
cardiff is my second choice for history and sociology so yay almost the same...i cant apply for accom tho yet obvi cos i'm only insurance

when i spoke to them on open day they told me taly north is bad, and taly south is best :yep:
not too sure about taly court apart from that it's super sociable in that area. might be noisy?
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
I thought about Taly south although it seems a little small and it’s a very busy area
Tally court is a little more expensive but it does look like a much bigger room
what did you hear about Talygate?
Reply 4
Taly gate is a lot more expensive, it is quite far away as well (around 30-35 minute walk)
It is a lot better , you do get a double bed etc
Reply 5
But personally I think Taly court is a lot better
Reply 6
I applied for taly court too, the rooms in person are larger
I’m starting the education course in sep which is in the same school as yours! :smile: I’m transferring from a different course so I started in Cardiff this year, I have a few friends that lived in taly court that said it’s definitely the best value for money of all the taly buildings, it is still fairly far from the su and city centre though, I know a lot of people that would have to get taxis home from nights out etc :smile:
Reply 8
Thankyou 😊
I heard that taly south is better for parties and is generally louder because it’s bigger so it can be a good thing if that’s what you want. Taly court is smaller so there aren’t as many parties which means it’s not as loud and it has bigger rooms. Taly gate has bigger beds and is further away.
Original post by Anonymous
I heard that taly south is better for parties and is generally louder because it’s bigger so it can be a good thing if that’s what you want. Taly court is smaller so there aren’t as many parties which means it’s not as loud and it has bigger rooms. Taly gate has bigger beds and is further away.

This thread is a year old. Please check the date before posting. :smile:

Latest