is it ok to hit a woman in self defence if she hits you first

Watch
jay 2020
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
hi, this is my first ever post on here.

my question is this: is it ok to hit a woman in self defence if she hits you first?

i've seen a lot of videos and articles online that say you should never hit a woman. i have 2 points of view on this:

1) if a woman wants to punch am man (or anyone) they'd better be prepared to get hit back, and i'll bet that the woman would play the victim aswell!

2) woman only want equaltiy when it suites them.

if women want equsl rights, they'd better be ready to get rqaul lefts.

i was brought up to only "fight" in self defense no matter what gender they are.

i would like to know what you guys think, wether you agree or disagree with me,

thanks
Young_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
It depends entirely on your own moral compass. If you feel like you want to hit a woman in self-defence (after she hits it), then people would/should understand that. On the other hand, if you feel it's wrong then you more than likely won't and that's fine as well. Personally, it would depend entirely on the circumstances but there are a fair few situations where I wouldn't hit back.
Greywolf.
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Of course, if a woman hits me I’m going to make sure I get them back. That’s only giving them equality
Issakatie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'm a woman and I hate it when guys have the attitude oh I would never attack a woman even if she was attacking or raping me because she's a woman. It's sexist. Imo use self defence within reason, like if the guy is much stronger then don't abuse this power, but enough to protect yourself. I think if you would self defence with a man then you should self defence with a woman too. Like either you hit every gender when necessary or hit no gender
StriderHort
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
*Shrug* I can choose to defend myself against an attack however i wish within reason.
Anonymous #1
Report 6 months ago
If a woman hit my brother I'd be fine with him hitting her back. If he could get there before I'd layed her out first of course.
Young_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Issakatie)
I'm a woman and I hate it when guys have the attitude oh I would never attack a woman even if she was attacking or raping me because she's a woman. It's sexist. Imo use self defence within reason, like if the guy is much stronger then don't abuse this power, but enough to protect yourself. I think if you would self defence with a man then you should self defence with a woman too. Like either you hit every gender when necessary or hit no gender
That's pretty much my attitude. I wouldn't hit back in some situations if a guy hit me, same with women. It depends on the circumstances again, but for me I prefer to use reason rather than hitting people lol
Greywolf.
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Well said
Anonymous #2
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by jay 2020)

my question is this: is it ok to hit a woman in self defence if she hits you first?

i've seen a lot of videos and articles online that say you should never hit a woman. i have 2 points of view on this:

1) if a woman wants to punch am man (or anyone) they'd better be prepared to get hit back, and i'll bet that the woman would play the victim aswell!

i was brought up to only "fight" in self defense no matter what gender they are.

thanks
I totally agree, I have retaliated with many girls the only two times I didn’t were when my parents were watching as they don’t condone hitting girls back but to this day I still regret letting those *****es get away
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago

thanks

socially it's not really ok.

if you do that in public in a crowded area expect to get jumped by a bunch of white knights..
jay 2020
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
so you agree with me? that men should only hit a woman in self defense? also, what you think about this;

if women want equal rights, they'd better be ready to get eqaul lefts.
Greywolf.
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by ANM775)
socially it's not really ok.

if you do that in public in a crowded area expect to get jumped by a bunch of white knights..
Why? If I woman hits you or punches you for no legitimate reason then it’s only promoting equality if you do the same in self defence
username4952620
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Yes Chris brown hit rihanna cause she was spitting on him, hitting him when he was driving and he finally snapped but it is only the men that are bad ones huh 🤔
If I slap a guy on the face hard, whatever happens next I should not be surprised by.
But again I’m not aggressive
Anonymous #3
Report 6 months ago
if my wife hits me then no way i wont hurt her but if its anyone not my wife i will beat them
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Greywolftwo)
Why? If I woman hits you or punches you for no legitimate reason then it’s only promoting equality if you do the same in self defence
not everyone see's it like that, half the people watching will probably think you are justified, half the people watching will think you're some kind of beast

there was that incident in the US a few years ago, a girl called emily rand was filmed walking upto a guy in a bar and giving him a right hook straight to the face. the guy immdeiately right hooked her back. she dropped to the ground and went into a coma. a warrant was issued for his arrest.

womens groups were OUTRAGED at his actions

eventually though the case was dropped against him in self defence and these women groups were very unhappy with this. they said it's never acceptable to hit a girl.

i would link the video but all i can find is edited slow motion video's not even showing the whole clip, whereas before there were plenty of unedited clips showing what happened [which looked so much better]
Greywolf.
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by ANM775)
not everyone see's it like that, half the people watching will probably think you are justified, half the people watching will think you're some kind of beast

there was that incident in the US a few years ago, a girl called emily rand was filmed walking upto a guy in a bar and giving him a right hook straight to the face. the guy immdeiately right hooked her back. she dropped to the ground and went into a coma. a warrant was issued for his arrest.

womens groups were OUTRAGED at his actions

eventually though the case was dropped against him in self defence and these women groups were very unhappy with this. they said it's never acceptable to hit a girl.

i would link the video but all i can find is edited slow motion video's not even showing the whole clip, whereas before there were plenty of unedited clips showing what happened [which looked so much better]
I know the incident yes, I totally agree with what the guy did. All those SJW women’s groups can go stuff themselves because she was asking for it, I mean who randomly goes up to a man and right hooks him not expecting anything to happen? What an idiot
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Greywolftwo)
I know the incident yes, I totally agree with what the guy did. All those SJW women’s groups can go stuff themselves because she was asking for it, I mean who randomly goes up to a man and right hooks him not expecting anything to happen? What an idiot
a lot of girls will hit a guy expecting not to be hit back

i remember in year 9 this small girl kept toe punting me in the leg due to an argument. eventually i got so angry with her kicking me that i drew back my leg to kick her ... and this guy in my class who was watching the whole thing then interupted by reminding me i can't hit a girl. i then put my foot down and the girl continue to toe punt me

there's no way a man that small would be doing this after such a minor argument. she was a girl and banking on the fact she would not get hit back.

in year 11 i had an argument with another girl and she started attacking me. she was throwing hooks like mike tyson. hitting her back would have had serious repercussions. it was just not acceptable to hit girls.

i managed to dodge most of her blows but she did get in a good one to the side of my head!

if i had decided to lay her out, i'm pretty sure there would have been a huge backlash and 50/50 sure i would have gotten attacked by her male acquaintances once they heard.
Issakatie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
so you agree with me? that men should only hit a woman in self defense? also, what you think about this;

if women want equal rights, they'd better be ready to get eqaul lefts.
1. If any person punches you, I think you should try the non violent approach first of all instead of starting fights. In addition, if you have that sort of relationship you might want to 'play fight' thus will punch the woman with equal force playfully.

But yes if a person is attacking you, regardless of their gender using self defence is fine

2. Obviously not, since I said people should use self defence against women within reason and if they would do the same to a man. It is slightly different in this case because the average man is stronger than the average woman, but I still think regardless of the gender of the person sexually assaulting or attacking you, you should use self defence. So I think we should have equality.

It's not like all women go around assaulting and attacking men wildly and irrationally

You do seem to make some sexist assumptions here
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
literally if you argue with some girls they'll say stuff like "do you want a slap?" and then proceed to physically attack you if you continue to argue.

this happened from time to time at school.....
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
i'm just thankful that when i argue with girls on here i am behind a keyboard as i know i would have been attacked a fair few times by now lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (696)
33.89%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (874)
42.55%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (392)
19.08%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (92)
4.48%

Watched Threads