username126
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey, I was wondering what the best revision/study guides were best for national 5's?
I am taking maths, english, chemistry, physics, computing science and geography.
Any responses would be appreciated.
stereotypeasian
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
bbc bitesize helped me with national 5
Mrs Adam's chemistry YouTube channel
Scholar has resources as well
I liked using Leckie Leckie textbooks over how to pass but that's a personal preference
Last edited by stereotypeasian; 2 years ago
Labrador99
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by username126)
Hey, I was wondering what the best revision/study guides were best for national 5's?
I am taking maths, english, chemistry, physics, computing science and geography.
Any responses would be appreciated.
For maths, definitely https://www.national5maths.co.uk/ !

For the others, are you meaning general resources, or books? Would not say books are essential- not if you're getting good resources from school (and there's loads online too )

Would agree with the above that Bitesize is a good resource - it is good for getting a base level understanding of a topic, which you'd then need to build on with questions, examples, and (further along the line) past papers.
LimeElephant
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
For physics and Chem I like hodder and gibson how to pass books and geography I like the brightredbooks nat 5 geo one but it all comes down to personal choice (how much colour, diagrams that you like etc)
username4490612
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
For all of them, I like how to pass books because they contain everything you need to know, introduction and tips for exams and assignment. But beware: some writers can either: write very long ass paragraphs not condensing everything (higher admin book) or the writers sometimes don’t bother to include everything. But I believe for your subjects it will not be the case (for computing book). So I reccommend them
username4250206
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Personally I would use free online resources such as BBC bitesize, scholar, nationalfivemaths.com, youtube videos and if you look up specific subjects there might be a revision website for it (I found a music one, yeah I was surprised too at the time). There are so many resources out there for nat 5 and the best learning is past papers.
I wouldn't buy books/revision guides as hopefully the notes you have in class are good enough to work from, but if you look up notes for subjects you will find them as some school put entire topic notes on their websites.
SCHOLARuk
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Thank you for the mentions stereotypeasian and Valeriex! Just in case any of you aren't registered for all of your National 5 subjects (or other levels) on SCHOLAR yet, toggle 'Display other courses' towards the bottom of the 'My SCHOLAR' page that appears on logging in to see them: https://scholar.hw.ac.uk/

We are also running (or have already run, in some cases, but recordings are now available) a series of Online Tutor Sessions to help introduce our National 5 courses: https://scholar.hw.ac.uk/sessions.html
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (70)
66.67%
No (26)
24.76%
I didn't use it to prepare (9)
8.57%

Watched Threads