The Student Room Group

R these GCSE's ok?

hi everyone, i am in year 9 and am picking my gcse. some day i wish to go into medicine. im having a hard time picking my 4 options but i was thinking about:
Psychology
History
Computer science
statistics or religious studies
im having a hard time deciding if these are good enough or if they are too hard as i am also doing triple science.

Thank you!
Go for what you think you will enjoy
History = very essay based and requires specific evidence for top grades. If you don’t enjoy it you’ll struggle.
Rs=Very easy to achieve high grade in you just need key quotes ,terminology
Reply 2
Original post by Jennifer_6
Go for what you think you will enjoy
History = very essay based and requires specific evidence for top grades. If you don’t enjoy it you’ll struggle.
Rs=Very easy to achieve high grade in you just need key quotes ,terminology

Ok Thank you so much!
Original post by Ellie20034
hi everyone, i am in year 9 and am picking my gcse. some day i wish to go into medicine. im having a hard time picking my 4 options but i was thinking about:
Psychology
History
Computer science
im having a hard time deciding if these are good enough or if they are too hard as i am also doing triple science.

Thank you!

Those are very good options you are so lucky you can pick psychology I do not have that as my option. RE is a very good option as statistics are for business. If you want to do computer science okay but it does apply to business I would suggest Geography as lots of medical students chose that for their GCSE, but if you want to its good as you enjoy it.
Reply 4
Original post by shainaaa14
Those are very good options you are so lucky you can pick psychology I do not have that as my option. RE is a very good option as statistics are for business. If you want to do computer science okay but it does apply to business I would suggest Geography as lots of medical students chose that for their GCSE, but if you want to its good as you enjoy it.

Thank you for replying! i would do Geography thing is that i don't enjoy it sadly. Thank you!
Psychology
History
Computer science

Thank you!

Gcse subjects don't affect if you want to do medicine or not. Pick what you enjoy for Gcse, I found RS really interesting. History I enjoyed a KS3 but found it hard when I got into year 11 because of the essays (I take bio, chem and maths, so not an essay subject person). I've heard computer science is really hard but go for what you want :smile:
Sounds good. Tbh no one really cares what GCSES u take as long as u do well in them
Reply 7
Original post by robertaap
Gcse subjects don't affect if you want to do medicine or not. Pick what you enjoy for Gcse, I found RS really interesting. History I enjoyed a KS3 but found it hard when I got into year 11 because of the essays (I take bio, chem and maths, so not an essay subject person). I've heard computer science is really hard but go for what you want :smile:

ok Thank you!
Thank you for replying! i would do Geography thing is that i don't enjoy it sadly. Thank you!

Its okay you can go ahead and take geography. In medicine, you need the highest grades so statistics will be fin.
Reply 9
Original post by shainaaa14
Its okay you can go ahead and take geography. In medicine, you need the highest grades so statistics will be fin.

Thank you!
hey! so i am currently in yr10 and picked my options in year 8. i think that you should go for those options. Don’t worry too much about the difficulty right now but focus on what you want and know will get you where u want to go.
i didn’t pick history but i know that RS is very easy. if you learn quotes and pay attention in class you will do fine

Quick Reply

Latest