The Student Room Group

I need help please

Could someone help me with a streetcar named desire ? Stanley being motivated by fear and not desire
Original post by Jiggy1234
Could someone help me with a streetcar named desire ? Stanley being motivated by fear and not desire

You could say that Stanley is motivated by fear because of his different race. He feels as if he needs to over compensate to be compatible with Stella, as Stella is from a higher class Stanley feels inadequate and is scared that Stella may leave him to be with a more affluent man. This is why Stanley is violent and hostile, keeping Stella in an abusive relationship so that she is to scared to leave him.

You could also mention Stanley's PTSD and possibly the fear he has of war and conflict which is why he must always be 'top dog' to avoid violence being placed upon himself.
Reply 2
Original post by gonzalez607
You could say that Stanley is motivated by fear because of his different race. He feels as if he needs to over compensate to be compatible with Stella, as Stella is from a higher class Stanley feels inadequate and is scared that Stella may leave him to be with a more affluent man. This is why Stanley is violent and hostile, keeping Stella in an abusive relationship so that she is to scared to leave him.

You could also mention Stanley's PTSD and possibly the fear he has of war and conflict which is why he must always be 'top dog' to avoid violence being placed upon himself.

Thank you so much ❤️

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending