The Student Room Group

University Confusion

I have got offers for M.Sc Electronics in both University of Southampton and Birmingham.They seem too close in rankings and I am unable to decide which one's better. Would like to get some suggestions
I would suggest u to choose the uni which provides placement year. If your not intrested in placement year, go through the modules. I would suggest Southampton to pick one among them. Are you in for the sept 2020
Original post by Kaviselvi
I have got offers for M.Sc Electronics in both University of Southampton and Birmingham.They seem too close in rankings and I am unable to decide which one's better. Would like to get some suggestions

Hey @Kaviselvi!

Whilst I do not know specifics about either uni or the M.SC. electronics.
I would suggest you make your decision based on the course content and the area of the uni itself.
Take a look at what modules both teach and see what you think you would enjoy more, as the rankings don't really matter too much as long as you get a good degree at the end :smile:
And then decide what area you would prefer to live in - take a look at what's around to do and the resources that each uni has as well!

I hope this helps you!
Eloise - Official Student Rep :smile:
Reply 3
Hi, Thank you very much. Yeah, both the universities do not offer a placement year for this course. Yes i am going for September 2020. Thanks for the suggestion, Any particular reason for Southampton?
Original post by Kaviselvi
Hi, Thank you very much. Yeah, both the universities do not offer a placement year for this course. Yes i am going for September 2020. Thanks for the suggestion, Any particular reason for Southampton?

Assuming that you have an offer for a Masters(taught) course, Southampton offers more advanced courses and have a wide range. when you have a look at their modules. To support my answer i have quoted the link." https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings/electrical-and-electronic-engineering " On the other hand, with all respect to university of Birmingham but it comes second for M.Sc Electronics in our conversation. But the other pros for Birmingham are you will find lots of industries and jobs for engineering compared Southampton. Also you will find lots of Indians in Birmingham.
Reply 5
Original post by jerseyno19
Assuming that you have an offer for a Masters(taught) course, Southampton offers more advanced courses and have a wide range. when you have a look at their modules. To support my answer i have quoted the link." https://www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk/league-tables/rankings/electrical-and-electronic-engineering " On the other hand, with all respect to university of Birmingham but it comes second for M.Sc Electronics in our conversation. But the other pros for Birmingham are you will find lots of industries and jobs for engineering compared Southampton. Also you will find lots of Indians in Birmingham.

Thank you very much
Southampton is very famous for electrical and electronic engineering.
Reply 7
Original post by V1ct0r
Southampton is very famous for electrical and electronic engineering.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest