The Student Room Group

Law yet I’ve only got 32 ucas points

Hello.
I’m finishing a city and guilds level 3 apprenticeship in plumbing and heating. I didn’t want to do a levels when I left school so did an apprenticeship. Does anyone know if I can study law at university with 32 ucas points? If not what are other suitable ways into law at uni?
Cheers
Reply 1
I could do mate. But with a lot of family who work in law I know that sometimes a open university degree is not as well thought of or respected. If you get me?
Original post by josh100601
I could do mate. But with a lot of family who work in law I know that sometimes a open university degree is not as well thought of or respected. If you get me?

An access course is a level 3 qualification that is typically taken over a period of one year, which is accepted as a university entrance qualification in lieu of A-Levels.
You must be 19+ enrol onto an access course.
Accademic entry requirements vary. Generally they only want GCSE Maths and/ or GCSE English.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by glassalice
An access course is a level 3 qualification that is typically taken over a period of one year, which is accepted as a university entrance qualification in lieu of A-Levels.
You must be 19+ enrol onto an access course.
Accademic entry requirements vary. Generally they only want GCSE Maths and/ or GCSE English.

Fair enough
Original post by josh100601

isn't talking about the Open University. An Access course is what most mature students would take instead of A levels. And if you go on to study at university, it's essentially free, whereas A level courses are expensive.
There are some unis that do but they will be foundation courses like london met foundation course (not sure if your qualification will be eligible). However, an access course is much better to go for, especially for law
What's your end goal? If you want to study law because you're interested, who cares what other people think? If you want to become a lawyer, then without being too blunt, without A-Levels and (I'm assuming) only a plumbing and heating qualification, it's not as though you'll have the most academic CV out there in any event. If you are trying to become a lawyer, have you had work experience with your family members? Have any of them suggested that you could work for/train with their firm?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending