The Student Room Group

Uni course options and jobs

My A-levels are Classical Civilisation, History and Politics. As much as I enjoy these subjects, I'm not sure what uni courses I could take with these options that I would thoroughly enjoy and be able to get a job that I'd also enjoy.

I've looked into what I can do with Politics but the uni courses don't seem that interesting to me and it also seems that the only jobs I can do with politics are desks jobs. I really enjoy history and there's loads of uni courses that seem interesting, but I don't like any of the jobs that are available after getting a history degree. This seems similar in Classics courses as well.

Initially, I wanted to do an Ancient History and Archaeology course but I've recently come to the conclusion that I don't want to study Archaeology anymore. I'm still extremely interested in studying ancient history but all of the job options I find which relate to History degrees seem boring or just meh. So I'm a bit stuck because I'd love to do ancient history but I don't want to have to retrain or anything to get a different job later on in life. I also have no clue what job I'd like to do as all of the ones I've looked at relating to History, Politics and Classics courses seem so boring to me and I definitely don't want a desk job.

If anyone has any suggestions of courses/jobs that I've missed that relate to my A-levels or maybe any courses/jobs that are completely unrelated but I'd still be able to do with my A-levels, please let me know it would mean a lot. :smile:
Because all of your subjects are essay-based you could go into a degree that doesn’t require specific knowledge from the subjects you take but that requires the skills that you gain from them like Law?? You could be a lawyer or you could go into civil service etc??
Reply 2
Yeah I've had a look at those but to me they just seem a bit boring. Thanks anyway though :smile:
Maybe this could help you see what degrees you could do: https://www.informedchoices.ac.uk/
Reply 4
Original post by PetitePanda
Maybe this could help you see what degrees you could do: https://www.informedchoices.ac.uk/

That's great thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest