Kings college London. how competitive is history at kcl

Watch this thread
Jdpat
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
hi I was just wondering does anyone know how competitive is history at kcl. what the acceptance rate for it and roughly does anyone know how many students actually meet the requirements for history. is history overall a really selective course at kings.
thanks
neko no basu
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
You may find this link helpful. https://www.ucas.com/advisers/offer-rate-calculator/
You can input your predicted grades and a university to see the likelihood of you getting an offer.

Hope it helps
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
It's not as competitive as you might think. For the past 3 years I've seen KCL use History as an "alternative course" for applicants to whom they don't want to give an offer for subjects such as War Studies or IR.
Jdpat
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
thanks ageshallot for your response. so you would say that history is not oversubscribed course and majority of people are accepted on to the course. thank you
ageshallnot
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jdpat)
thanks ageshallot for your response. so you would say that history is not oversubscribed course and majority of people are accepted on to the course. thank you
If you meet the requirements then you should get an offer.
jgcr2019
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
If you meet the requirements then you should get an offer.
Would you say it’s the same for LSE or UCL?
ageshallnot
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by jgcr2019)
Would you say it’s the same for LSE or UCL?
They are more picky, but remember that the aim is not to get all 5 offers. It's to get 2+ that you like. If you don't apply...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (155)
41.67%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.55%
No (148)
39.78%

Watched Threads