abbiii._
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
hey! i am a yr 10 student and i have no idea what i should do to achieve the best grade in geography. tbh i am actually good at it, i do well in exams and questions, but that is for fresh topics we have just learned. what can i do to solidify my knowledge and revise effectively?
thanks all
AnnabelleHarris
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by abbiii._)
hey! i am a yr 10 student and i have no idea what i should do to achieve the best grade in geography. tbh i am actually good at it, i do well in exams and questions, but that is for fresh topics we have just learned. what can i do to solidify my knowledge and revise effectively?
thanks all
I went through age topic and summarised each page of the revision guide onto one flashcard. I did one big a3 page for each section of the exam with all the essentials e.g paper 1 section a etc. I did a revision card on each case study. This took me a long time and i never actually finished (yr 11) but it did really help me organise my knowledge and was especially helpful the night before when i could realise what topics i wasn't super confident in and revise the case studies that may come up as they are usually the nine markers.
abbiii._
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by AnnabelleHarris)
I went through age topic and summarised each page of the revision guide onto one flashcard. I did one big a3 page for each section of the exam with all the essentials e.g paper 1 section a etc. I did a revision card on each case study. This took me a long time and i never actually finished (yr 11) but it did really help me organise my knowledge and was especially helpful the night before when i could realise what topics i wasn't super confident in and revise the case studies that may come up as they are usually the nine markers.
thank you! i will use all these tips
ohnojay
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I used some resources (eg. knowledge organisers) that my school provided and made them into flashcards. I also made flashcards on the case studies. I made a set of flashcards per topic so I would end up with maybe 4-7 sets per paper. I also watched the youtube videos on my case studies.
ayumie
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I did AQA Geog at GCSE, and as I had Maths and Geog exams on the same day last year, I did practically 1-2 hours on Geog for each exam. I ended up getting 92% and 96% on my Phys/Human. Best technique is flashcards, just put literally everything on flashcards.
I fit maybe 5-6 questions on one side, and answers on the back. Answers have to be short and sweet, and practice longer answer questions in class. Plus, I did some questions from the CGP exam practice book. I found Geog easy using flashcards
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
exam question practice, flashcards and just regularly going over content- that's how i got a 9!
Last edited by absolutelysprout; 9 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (99)
51.03%
No (95)
48.97%

Watched Threads