Nixy5678
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hiya!!!!
Going to Leeds arts to study visual communications. Would love to meet more people heading to Leeds in September!!
Chris2892
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Leeds is a great city!
I would recommend joining the University of Leeds students union, it’s the best way to meet other students. I’d recommend something more sociable like a dancing society (they teach from absolute beginners).
I’m a degree apprentice based in Leeds but studying part time in Sheffield, made lots of friends in Leeds this way.
Susjay
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I've got conditional offers for both Fine Art and Visual Communication, just weighing up which I want to make as my firm choice.
Nixy5678
Rep:
?
Both are such amazing courses it’s hard to choose 🙈 may I ask if a tad bit nervous about how everything will work due to corona? Like is this something that’s worrying you?
Susjay
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yeah its worrying me, everything feels really uncertain.

Its why im wondering which course to pick as my firm choice. They both suit me well but given the situation I'm thinking to go for the less competitive course. Whichever that is?

Probably Visual Communication.

Also want to secure accomodation so I need to decide fairly soon lol..
Nixy5678
Rep:
?
I feel as though not much information has been put out there about what is happening but even if the first term is at home I don’t mind as long as I do end up going at some point and it isn’t online all year.

I feel like with Viscom there is a lot of freedom to do what you want. You could end up going down a fine art pathway anyways which is good but also if you loose interest you can always change what you do.

In terms of accommodation I’ve chose to go with liberty park (it’s got a new name 😂 but I can’t remember what it is 😂) any thoughts on which one you would like to go to?
Megacoolkate
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi I'm Catherine!

I just got a conditional place at Leeds Arrs for Popular Music
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (22)
13.02%
I need help researching courses (12)
7.1%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.33%
I need help with my personal statement (71)
42.01%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (39)
23.08%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.78%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (13)
7.69%

Watched Threads