People only talk to me/want to be my 'friend' when i'm drunk

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
I have been doing a lot of reflecting during this awful coronavirus pandemic. As a introverted, severely Depressed, Alcoholic, Hated by family because i'm introverted, struggling to accept autistic, mid 20s guy. I've realised that people only like when i'm drunk.

I have not had a friend since 2005. I have only experienced being drunk with people in uni, america and my current residential job. People just hate introverts, lets be honest. But when i'm drunk, why do people and girls are all over me but when im sober the next day, they ignore me, they feel awkward around me, they despise me.

I realised this during freshers 2015 in my uni (i've graduated now). I was drunk as hell and i was seen as the cool guy. In my mind i remember thinking 'I have cured my autism'. Then a few awkward days later flatmates ignore me and later i get driven to a mental breakdown.

I'm not social but i see myself a quiet, moderate person although i'm suspicious i possibly bipolar disorder.

Don't know why i made this thread. apologies, i've been drunk everyday since February after colleagues at my residential job called me a loner and it's funnily remembering when we all got fired because of coronavirus last march, the leaving party, i let loose lol. I'm drunk right now depressed in my bedroom whilst my parents mock my life.

Again, apologies but i am looking for answers or experiences from fellow introverts or special need people if you fall into this category
JazItUp
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'm sorry you feel this way. It could be because alcohol makes people more confident (speaking from experience lol)...maybe people are drawn to this when you're drunk
Anonymous #1
(Original post by jaz_x001)
I'm sorry you feel this way. It could be because alcohol makes people more confident (speaking from experience lol)...maybe people are drawn to this when you're drunk
I realised this. people are just full of ****.The reason im probably an alcoholic.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by benjaminkushner)
stop lying
Don’t understand this comment. What I said was all true

Even though tbh I have no clue why I wrote this thread, I was heavily drunk last night
Black Cat
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
OP are you from the UK or US?

Extroverted characteristics are heavily favoured in the states, but you have to accept your temperament there's nothing wrong with being introverted.

I would suggest researching your personality type in more detail this will help you understand your own characteristics which will help you navigate through social situations.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Black Cat)
OP are you from the UK or US?

Extroverted characteristics are heavily favoured in the states, but you have to accept your temperament there's nothing wrong with being introverted.

I would suggest researching your personality type in more detail this will help you understand your own characteristics which will help you navigate through social situations.
Im from London, (I’m guessing me writing America in my drunk rant, I was talking about A summer job i had America when I went in 2018).

I’m still currently researching my personality. I’m trying to understand who I am but really I just think I have a personality disorder or bipolar or some sort. This is seriously making me depressed and it’s making me to drink every single day to forget who I am
Ya_k
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have been doing a lot of reflecting during this awful coronavirus pandemic. As a introverted, severely Depressed, Alcoholic, Hated by family because i'm introverted, struggling to accept autistic, mid 20s guy. I've realised that people only like when i'm drunk.

I have not had a friend since 2005. I have only experienced being drunk with people in uni, america and my current residential job. People just hate introverts, lets be honest. But when i'm drunk, why do people and girls are all over me but when im sober the next day, they ignore me, they feel awkward around me, they despise me.

I realised this during freshers 2015 in my uni (i've graduated now). I was drunk as hell and i was seen as the cool guy. In my mind i remember thinking 'I have cured my autism'. Then a few awkward days later flatmates ignore me and later i get driven to a mental breakdown.

I'm not social but i see myself a quiet, moderate person although i'm suspicious i possibly bipolar disorder.

Don't know why i made this thread. apologies, i've been drunk everyday since February after colleagues at my residential job called me a loner and it's funnily remembering when we all got fired because of coronavirus last march, the leaving party, i let loose lol. I'm drunk right now depressed in my bedroom whilst my parents mock my life.

Again, apologies but i am looking for answers or experiences from fellow introverts or special need people if you fall into this category
Are the others drunk too? because everyone loves everyone and is best mates with you when they're drunk.
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Your self esteem does not exist! So find it by working on your shyness and fears! You don't meed to wallow in further misery by consulting people who do the same negative behaviour as you! You need improvements not more misery!
And you missed the most important point contained in your own post:"But when i'm drunk, why do people and girls are all over me". So people are very attracted to the confident version of you when you are less inhibited! So you need to get help from an autism counsellor to see how you can practice confidence more!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (486)
33.31%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (606)
41.54%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (299)
20.49%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.66%

Watched Threads