Odds on Unis opening back up in September?

Watch
m8384
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Starting Uni in September and I’m desperately hoping everything gets better since I don’t think doing online courses in my first year would do any good
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by m8384)
Starting Uni in September and I’m desperately hoping everything gets better since I don’t think doing online courses in my first year would do any good
They will open but its likely there will be social distancing in place.
If it looks unappealing then just defer.
Not anything the unis can do anything about.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
We should have a better idea if things will be closer to all online or all in person by July. It’s likely to be somewhere along that spectrum for at least the first term.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
I’m an international student and I’m really re-considering going to kings college London. I currently hold a conditional offer and I firmed KCL already. however due to corona, I don’t see it being a logical idea for me to study overseas in London if classes are going to be taught online anyways and social distancing protocols will most likely stay put until early 2021. The whole reason I wanted to study abroad was to challenge myself and explore a new city, but all of the factors that make me want to go will be compromised due to the current global situation. I’m also asian, and the UK is already in itself infamous for being a relatively racist place, and I’m scared that because of it I’ll get racially targeted/excluded in London especially during COVID-19. I got into a rly great local university in my home city, so I’m finding this a rly hard decision. Anyone else have some insight, thoughts, opinions on this? Anyone in a similar position and are hesitating?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.21%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (66)
30.41%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.52%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.29%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.53%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.65%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.38%

Watched Threads