The Student Room Group

Surface Pro Charger

I'm sure a lot of people have experienced this with the surface pro ... the CHARGER!!! I swear I had to go and buy a 3rd surface pro charger because the twisting and turning of chord (Which connects o the laptop) got screwed up.

I don't know what to do. I don't want to keep spending $90 on it every few odd years. Is there any good alternatives for the charger or are they any recommendations for ways I can avoid this problem with the charger!!!

Help a brother out!
Check out ebay.

Simply search for "surface pro charger".

They're about £10 in the UK.
It's not so much that £10 for Surface Pro charger is cheap. It's more a case of $90 being rip-off Microsoft charging for a shoddily engineered piece of equipment.

I googled "should you buy a cheap microsoft surface pro charger". Didn't see any particular cause for alarm.

And if something's said on the Internet, it must be true. Right? :wink:

If you google "laptop buying advice" you'll see page after page of guides that act as if used laptops don't exist. Why do you think that is? Who are the people writing these guides?

Who are the people writing advice on the internet about cheap chargers?

For the record, anecdotally, I have used cheap ebayed chargers and know several people that have. No issues so far.

And Microsoft Surface Pro's are so shoddily engineered that they tend to have relatively short working lives anyway, reagardless of whether $90 genuine Microsoft chargers are used with them all the time or not.
Reply 3
Thanks for all your suggestions guys. Greatly appreciate it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending