The Student Room Group
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website

Nursing degree requirements

A bit confused about the requirements to enter the BSc (Hons) Nursing Studies (Adult) degree. Is the Access Course enough as a requirement?
Original post by orestisbag
A bit confused about the requirements to enter the BSc (Hons) Nursing Studies (Adult) degree. Is the Access Course enough as a requirement?

Access course
A pass in a QAA-recognised Access course including a minimum of 27 Level 3 credits at merit with a minimum of 77 points.
*We can accept level 2 Access units in communication and maths in place of English and maths GCSEs.

English and Maths GCSE or equivalents.
Students relax on campus, Teesside University
Teesside University
Middlesbrough
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Access course
A pass in a QAA-recognised Access course including a minimum of 27 Level 3 credits at merit with a minimum of 77 points.
*We can accept level 2 Access units in communication and maths in place of English and maths GCSEs.

English and Maths GCSE or equivalents.

First of all thank you for the reply.

Sorry but that doesn't make any sense to me, I've already seen the info on their website and like I said I'm a bit confused about it.

Will the Access Course only suffice or do I need the GCSEs on top of that?

Sorry but that doesn't make any sense to me, I've already seen the info on their website and like I said I'm a bit confused about it.

You need Access course as described + GCSE English and Maths or equivalent.
Which uni is this?

Hi there

As mentioned above, you'll need your GCSEs (or equivalents) as well as your Access course. This is a requirement for all nursing courses. Hope this helps.

Hi there

You can see the full entry requirements for Teesside's BSc (Hons) Nursing Studies (Adult) here.

You need recent Level 2 academic study within the last five years
A minimum of two GCSEs at grade 4 (C) or above

PLUS

Level 3 study (96 points from two or three a levels or in your case your access course).

Some access courses incorporate your GCSE level study, this is why you can see the statement '*We can accept level 2 Access units in communication and maths in place of English and maths GCSEs. ' on the entry requirements section of the web.

If you need to discuss this please visit our online chat 9-5 weekdays (just visit tees.ac.uk and click the chat button), or drop us a quick email to [email protected]

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending